Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-11-2019, 03:06 PM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
1999 Camper- 1st year

Had my 99 Camper with third party grips and decided to put Buckmark wood grips on it. I already had installed a Buckmark fiber optic front sight on it, instead of the stock sight. And already changed the extractor parts in it a few months back, so those were good.
Was out at the range this morning with it, and it shot good. (even with a partial buffer--see below)

Taking it apart to clean it I decided to try this--Since the old style slide has the same recoil rod, recoil spring and buffer as the new style slide I decided to try the Striplin recoil rod on the old style slide. The old black buffer was nearly gone-- just a little bit on the end of the recoil rod was left.
It was a little tricky getting the spring to compress with the black plastic piece at the front end of the slide, enough to put the paper clip in, but I got it after a couple tries. Wish Striplin would make that, to replace that small part.
Put the new buffer on the end of the rod and put it back together.

The printed instructions say if needed, you can file a bit from the flat end so it will fit better. This was the case, as upon first assembly, the rod was a bit too long to have the slide push down all the way. After a little filing, it fit with no problem.
Pic of the 99 Camper with the aftermarket grips and now with the Buckmark wood grips.

Tested the cycling with 2 mags full of dummy rounds and they spit out the rounds very good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 99 Camper UFX after put wood grips on it.jpg (362.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 1st year camper.jpg (172.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-11-2019, 09:51 PM
LV3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like the grips in the top pic. Do you remember where you got them, dimeman?
Old 10-11-2019, 09:59 PM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got them at this online place.

http://www.kelleyarms.com/browning.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2019, 10:16 PM
LV3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the link. I don't see the dark Checkered w/oak tree like yours.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:25 PM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They must have discontinued the black ones.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:31 PM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For those who have the old style slide with the pinned firing pin, Jack First Gun Parts has some of the parts separate for the slide.

He has the old style firing pin, the old black buffers with the "bump" on the back that fits it the hole of the frame, the recoil spring, and the small recoil spring guide that goes at the front of the recoil rod.

I just ordered a couple each of the recoil springs, the recoil spring guides and the old style buffers.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:15 PM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got the parts order in yesterday of new springs and guide for the old style recoil assembly, and I put a Striplin recoil rod on it also. It was a little tricky getting the spring to compress with the plastic guide on the rod but I got it in a couple tries.
Assembles pretty much the same as the new style slide using a paper clip and putting the rod in the slide putting the slide on the frame and taking the paper clip out of the hole in the rod.

Took it out this morning and it worked great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old slide striplin rod.jpg (123.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 10-16-2019, 06:08 PM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Striplin recoil rod works great in the new slides also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new slide striplin rod.JPG (99.2 KB, 0 views)