Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:31 PM
Carlo22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MKII Extractor Problem Finally Solved

I’ve owned this heavy barreled MK II for almost 15 years and have had extraction problems for 10 of them. Savage is no help, told me the rifle is obsolete. After reading several posts suggesting a second extractor spring over the existing spring , I tried it. Folks it works like a charm.
Thanks for the info
Old 10-15-2019, 05:37 PM
Dahsira

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Second this. Had the same problem with the Mark II and tried everything from intensive cleaning of the chamber to replacing the extractors and springs, and squeezing the spring clip tighter. The only thing that had a noticable effect was squeezing the spring clip tighter although it did not resolve the problem completely.

Installing a second spring clip on top of the first and just filing off a tab on on side so it seats fully completely 100% resolved the issue. Literally several thousand rounds since that change and not a single failure to extract.

Got a b22 and after about 500 rounds I had a failure to extract and didn't bother farting around. Put on a second clip and the problem never repeated. Had other guy who ran into problems with a new b22 in the middle of a competition. Had him do the same, problem never repeated.
Old 10-23-2019, 06:19 PM
45Man

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Where do you get the spring clips, Savage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2019, 08:45 PM
doublechaz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's where I get mine.
Old 10-24-2019, 10:04 AM
rep314
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Second clip/spring

Take care. . Second clip on top with tab cut/filed can come loose and may interfere with bolt when you try to remove or install.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:31 PM
45Man

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Savage is sending me the 3 parts for free (extractor, ejector, spring clip). If the new spring clip works, then won't use the old clip on top of the new. I polished the original extractor & ejector, will see if the replacements are just as rough since they are just stampings, not machined.

Been delaying this, but now the FV-SR is my most accurate shooter, i.e. 1 hole at 50 yds. with CCI Std. Vel.
This is with the factory plastic stock, modified (pillar bedded & added cheek riser).

Last edited by 45Man; 10-24-2019 at 02:34 PM.