I got a TCR22 - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:04 AM
ironglow
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I like the idea of last round hold back, but I am not sure if I want to fuss with the unique loading procedure.
I have a couple stock Ruger magazines on hand..and thanks for your imput !

Old 09-29-2019, 12:36 PM
cabin22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
I like the idea of last round hold back, but I am not sure if I want to fuss with the unique loading procedure.
I have a couple stock Ruger magazines on hand..and thanks for your imput !

The loading procedure for the standard T/C R22 magazine is really pretty simple, not much different from the standard 10/22 mags. You've got to hold the magazine either way, so it isn't much more effort to hold the loading post down for the first round. I find it is easy to do that and then just lay the first round rim first while gently pushing it into the rotary. Simple. After that, it loads just like the standard 10/22 mag. I admit it took me a few tries to get the hang of it, but it is straightforward after that. And I get the last shot hold open, which I do like. Funny that almost all my other SAs have LSHO - with the exception of the 1950 Ruger .22 pistol - but the 10/22 doesn't. Just a pet peeve I guess.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:53 PM
Frommer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have had mine for about a year with no issues. I have only 1 factory mag and have 3 10/22 ones and 2 24 round ones. I had the trigger spring fall out a few times when cleaning but other than that no problems. I have a scope and prefer over my red dot.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:01 PM
Pck

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The last shot hold open is nice and I would prefer it, but I have a bunch of 10/22 mags which work better in my R22 so I will use both types of mags.

Now if only the R22 had higher front and rear sights that folded and were the right hight to work comfortly with the stock, it would be a great rifle.

Pck
Old 10-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Paper
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey everybody!!

I recently ordered a Realtree R22 from Grabagun. Thought about the reddot combo kit, but I knew I was going to put a scope on it anyway. I ponied up the extra few bucks for the colored stock just to have something slightly different.

I ended up putting a Nikon Rimfire Tactical scope on it. It was clear and on sale at Cabelas for $99. I've checked the trigger and it's a consistent 4.25 pounds. Before I spend money on the trigger I'll see if the rifle will be a keeper. I've never been a fan of the 10/22 accuracy, as compared to most any bolt gun, so a range day will be the decider.

Looking forward to putting a bunch of ammo through it to see what it likes, but a lot of reviews have mentioned the simple CCI 40 grain Mini Mag is often a good performer in the rifle..

Anyway, I'm looking forward to shooting it (been busy doing drywall in my house this week) and posting my findings.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:17 AM
shootsquirrel

TPC Rating: 
79% (15)
I bought the green platic stocked one when they 1st came out, ended up with $150 after the rebate. Liked it so much I just got the heavy fluted barrel model in the wonderful wood stock for $450 OTD https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/semi...ck#information One for squirrel hunting & one for the bench. I've always owned TC guns & always really liked & had great service from them.