Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-20-2019, 04:37 PM
DWS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
new to TC group----questions

I have a TC22 classic-benchmark rifle I bought NIB a few years ago from a buddy. I shot it some and then put it away. It was quite accurate but I never really worked with it much. Never did bench testing it and running through the process of finding which ammo it works the best with. I just got distracted with other 22s (mostly antique offhand target rifles) and put it away.

I recently got enamored with the Full stock CZ455 and while playing with them and spending a lot of time in the RFC/CZ forums. and a different buddy and I were visiting local gunshots and we ran into a new TC-22rf

It really felt good, I liked the weight and the feel, especially compared to an early Ruger target-22 (the one with the hammer faceted barrel) the Ruger just feels cheap ----why I bought the TC in the first place. So I've dug my TC out

It has a pretty heavy trigger pull and that could certainly use some cleaning up. are there days on trigger-work?

I guess my main beef is the stock, Are alternate stocks available? I know well fitted Laminated stocks are just the berries nowadays-----and ninjablackplastic. But I'm old, and old fashioned, and I like real walnut and steel enemy guns. An elegantly shaped full stock like the CZ 455 have would be a dream---unlike the FS club put on the 10-22s.
Is there a trade forum where I might find a walnut stock and swap sell my laminated one?