Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:40 AM
jackgrant50

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Trust in 15-22

Good morning,

Well naturally my 15-22 falls into the range that needs the bolt inspected. After ordering the bolt inspection gauge it got me thinking if i really trust this gun.

Its one of the originals with a quad rail bought new, however about a year after owning it (quite a few years ago) I cant remember exactly what happened but something in the bolt/upper blew up and i had to send it back to S&W

But with 2 separate issues with a gun I dont shoot often, i can only wonder what else could be wrong with it
Old 03-29-2019, 10:26 AM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A couple of weeks ago my wife moved the safety from safe to fire and the gun fired. Finger not on trigger. It is back at S&W now. 2013 production.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:46 PM
CJT50
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Everyone's level of trust in a thing will vary.

Personally I own six of these rifles, all of them have a minimum 10k rounds fired. My oldest one is at 140k rounds fired. I have complete trust that they will function as intended until a part breaks. As with any mechanical thing, parts break.

Has the model had some issues, yup. When you build millions of them with day labor they will pop up. The reason for this safety inspection is the inspection process let a few out of spec bolts out into the wild. Have you seen Ruger's QC lately, UGH!!!!

I remember when I 1st bought my ACR a round fired when closed the bolt. Days later Bushmaster issued a recall for firing pins. Thankfully I had the rifle pointed down range when it went off. Did I loose faith in the rifle, not until the bolt carrier cracked after 7700 rounds.

Personally I'm in the middle of personal testing of the Tippmann Arms M4-22 Elite. Bought it in the beginning of February and it's been an absolute champ after 7900 rounds fired. It is probably the cleanest shooting Semi-Auto 22lr that I own to date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2019, 01:03 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For people who have had problems especially dangerous ones I can understand not trusting this rifle .Luckily for me and the 2 other friends that have these rifles not a single problem so my experience has been good with the M&P 15-22.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:12 PM
98_1LE

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Mine has >27k rounds through it. The firing pin broke, but otherwise it has been rock solid.

It isn't a battle rifle, but trust it I do. Most reliable .22 I have ever owned.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:47 PM
bgdv1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bought mine back when it was first introduced. Only problem ive had was a blown extractor from %%%%ty remington ammo and it went back to S&W and has worked flawlessly since. So I guess im one of the lucky ones.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:00 AM
NWPilgrim

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have had mine for a few years, many thousands of round through from SV to HV. The firearm itself has had zero issues. The only learning issue for me was to load cartridges into the long 25-rd mags under some spring tension to keep them aligned properly (alternating noses side to side). Otherwise they jam in the mag frequently. After that no problems. Probably shoot on average 400 rds per range session no jams or failure to fire. I Only shoot CCU/Blazer, Federal, and Aguila ammo through it.

I trust it but also do not use it for life or death situations either. If something breaks Iíll just shoot my Henry or 10/22 more until fixed.