Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:51 PM
mythotto
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
New Bearcat Serial # Question.

I have owned a 2004 Blued Bearcat and a 2009 Blued Bearcat - and I just realized that the 04 Serial # was placed on the side of the frame. And the 09 Serial# is placed on the bottom of the Grip. Wondering when this changed and where are the # on the recent New Bearcat's
I also noticed the top of the Hammer on my 09' appears to be blued - On my 04' the whole hammer is stainless?
Ken

Last edited by mythotto; 05-17-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:09 PM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have two stainless Bearcats that were made in 2011. Both have the serial on the bottom of the grip. I had assumed it was there on all New Bearcats, but I guess not.

I have a spare stainless hammer that is bare on the sides, but the rest is black. It's some sort of coating, not blue. I got it from Ruger. I told them it was not the same, they said to keep it, and sent me another. I've never seen one with just a black spur.

Yes, at one time, Ruger would sell almost every part. I have at least one of every New Bearcat part but the frame, trigger guard, and cylinder.

Last edited by bearcatter; 04-07-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:46 PM
mythotto

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks Bear - Yes you are right about the coating on the top of some hammers - looked at it closer and could see it. I Don't know why they started putting the SN on the bottom of the grip but it started around 2009. You said yours where 2011 so it seems they did it for at least a few years. All the recent one's I see have the SN Back on the frame.
You know Bear - This is what happens when you are retired and have a little to much time on your hands...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2018, 01:29 PM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythotto View Post
Thanks Bear ..............
You know Bear - This is what happens when you are retired and have a little to much time on your hands...
More than welcome. I love my two Bearcats, and like to comment on anything related. Unfortunately, I'm not retired yet. I only have an outdoor Forest Service range that's 30 miles away. Last year, between the weather, Honey Do list, and have to dos, I only got to the range three times. This year isn't looking too promising either.

I'm actually debating selling my little five gun collection down to two. They would be my .357 and .22 SP101s. Bearcats are less practical, and poor training for carry. My 10/22 already gets shot the least. Maybe 2k rounds in eight years.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:02 PM
mythotto

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I hear you - I traded my S&W Sportsman Semi for my Single six. The sportsman was a great little hand gun - in fact it doubled in value since I bought it. But at the range I just seemed to be going thru the Ammo to quick. That's what got me back to the single action revolvers. I started with a couple Heritage's which where nice revolvers - But really wanted something with more Quality. The Ruger's where my go to. I luv my Bearcat - Nice and light and more traditional. And built to last.
Ken