Belgian Challenger brought back from Dead...Picture Heavy - Page 9 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:10 PM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

Most everyone who used Photobucket to host pictures as a "third party" are now not available to view. They are extorting their users with an outrageous fee for the service that used to be free. I haven't deleted my account, but I also don't use them anymore. I think their business model is going to hurt them in the long run.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:55 AM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2506 View Post
I need a little more explanation about Photobucket. I haven't used them in quite awhile and I have been getting these posts it no longer works. I went to their site and all my pictures are there so I did an experiment. I went to a former blog on RFC and pasted a copy I just copied from Photobucket and it printed on the RFC blog. I hit the "review post" and it printed the picture as always. Where is the problem everyone has concerns about? I would appreciate any explanation of what I'm missing. Thanks, Mark
Mark, the photo is caught in your computer's memory when you do that.

You can see your pictures when you are on the PB site because it is your account. When you look at them they get stored in your computer's memory. It's part of the "cache" that helps pages you visit load faster than a page you are visiting for the first time.

Once that picture is in your computer's cache it is going to show for you whenever you go to a page where that photo is posted. But.... the rest of us don't have that photo in our cache. What we will see instead is an image posted by PB telling us that we aren't able to see the photo.

Try this. Use your browser settings menu to clear cookies and your cache then go back to the page where you posted the photo. Don't go to PB first. Just go straight to where you posted the photo and you will see what folks are talking about.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:23 AM
tuckerd1
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This was a great show and tell until the photobucket fiasco, but this sticky is useless now unless the broken picture links are repaired. Recommend remove it from sticky status.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:48 AM
IPSC

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have a duplicate set of pictures on my personal laptop. If someone here wishes to have me send it to them....and they (in turn) post these back into this thread by some other service they have access to, I'd be willing to do that.

FWIW....I would vote keeping the sticky up until some of these corrective options can be done, which may take some time. I'm sure my post is not the only one where the "value" of it is put into question...whether sticky or not. I have found literally dozens of other normal posts both here and on other special-interest websites...where the photo-heavy responses are now next-to-useless. And they aren't taken down.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:17 AM
tuckerd1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
IPSC, May I suggest you upload your photos to imgur and edit the links to point to your imgur location. I know you don't want to go to the trouble for every photo you have on the interweb, but it would take maybe 15 minutes to repair this thread..
Old 01-19-2018, 11:52 AM
IPSC

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Let me attempt this....BTW....what image size should I try using when re-posting images once I get them? Imgur has an option size called "message-board" that resizes to 640 x 480. Too big?....too small?

Don't want to paste and then re-edit here....thanks for any guidance.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:30 PM
tuckerd1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I use 1024x768. Works good for me.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:31 PM
tuckerd1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looks good! Thanks for doing that!
Old 01-19-2018, 02:45 PM
IPSC

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
To all....I'm in the process of uploading pics from Imgur. Having some difficulty in right-sizing the photos consistantly, but it seems to be working, nonetheless.....

(EDIT)...... BIG thanks go to Squirrelbark wo suggested I try the free photo service Imgur..... looks like it's working great.

Last edited by IPSC; 01-21-2018 at 03:44 PM.