Special run of 452 trainers.. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-25-2016, 05:14 AM
molonlabe

Join Date: 
Oct 2011
Location: 
North Carolina
Posts: 
9
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Special run of 452 trainers..



Log in to see fewer ads
Eds Gun Shop in Vass North Carolina had cz do a special run of 452 trainers. They came in Tuesday the 19th at closing and by closing time on Wednesday 1/3 were gone.

There are no pics available but these are apparently the full size trainers.

Price is 359.95

Ed's is a high volume store in a small town off US Hwy 1 in eastern NC.

Their phone is 910-692-7936. Call them if you are interested. Im sorry I cant give more info but I am copying this info off his forum he uses to update his stock and such and can't print the link here as you have to be a member.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-25-2016, 02:10 PM
mod29

Join Date: 
Oct 2008
Location: 
WA
Posts: 
172
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for posting the information!
Since I already have a 452 Trainer, I won't be needing another one.
But they really are a nice rifle and worth adding to your shooting collection if you don't already own one.

The two Trainers I bought a while back (one for me, one for my GF's kid) were located due to post from a fellow RFC member, like this one. That post led me to two NIB 452 Trainers

They haven't been easy to find for a long time, so please keep these posts coming for our friends here
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-25-2016, 04:48 PM
gmd1950's Avatar
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2006
Location: 
Mebane, NC
Posts: 
55,334
TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabe View Post
Eds Gun Shop in Vass North Carolina had cz do a special run of 452 trainers. They came in Tuesday the 19th at closing and by closing time on Wednesday 1/3 were gone.

There are no pics available but these are apparently the full size trainers.

Price is 359.95

Ed's is a high volume store in a small town off US Hwy 1 in eastern NC.

Their phone is 910-692-7936. Call them if you are interested. Im sorry I cant give more info but I am copying this info off his forum he uses to update his stock and such and can't print the link here as you have to be a member.
Good shop with knowledgable folks, one of my regular spots to look for firearms.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member/GOA Life *Esse Quam Videri Ya'll*
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 04-25-2016, 04:59 PM
Skeeve's Avatar
Skeeve
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Mar 2002
Location: 
Lo-Cal So.Cal., where the money is plastic & the people are too!
Posts: 
2,204
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Wink

What is the advantage of the Trainer vs. the Lux or 'Murrican again? [For those too lazy to do a forum search & put up with the ridiculous 15 secs between searches when their first one had a typo in the search terms... ]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-25-2016, 05:03 PM
painterpm
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2014
Location: 
Central NH
Posts: 
2,422
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trainer and Lux are basically the same rifle. Trainer has Beech and the Lux Walnut.

The American has no sights and has to be scoped. It also has a straight buttstock with no drop to facilitate using a scope.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-25-2016, 05:42 PM
bluzman's Avatar
bluzman

Join Date: 
Dec 2015
Posts: 
453
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by painterpm View Post
Trainer and Lux are basically the same rifle. Trainer has Beech and the Lux Walnut.
This true only if you're talking about the 452s. The 455 Lux has a shorter barrel than the 452 Trainer and Lux.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-25-2016, 06:02 PM
painterpm
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2014
Location: 
Central NH
Posts: 
2,422
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
This true only if you're talking about the 452s. The 455 Lux has a shorter barrel than the 452 Trainer and Lux.
Point taken.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-26-2016, 02:29 PM
timberbeast's Avatar
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2007
Location: 
The piney woods of south Arkansas
Posts: 
40,000
TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
A great price on a wonderful rifle. I know the CZ 455 Trainer and Lux were originally with the 20 inch barrel and the simple blade rear sight, but hasn't CZ made the 455 Trainer and Lux now with the 24" barrel and the ladder sight as well?
__________________
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. - C.S. Lewis
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-26-2016, 08:35 PM
Oldblades
US Marines Veteran

Join Date: 
Apr 2011
Location: 
East Bethel, Mn.
Posts: 
6,273
TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
TB, I believe the 455 Trainer has the 24" barrel with the tangents but the Lux that I held had a 20" barrel with simpler sights.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-01-2016, 04:54 PM
bluzman's Avatar
bluzman

Join Date: 
Dec 2015
Posts: 
453
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldblades View Post
TB, I believe the 455 Trainer has the 24" barrel with the tangents but the Lux that I held had a 20" barrel with simpler sights.
That's correct. It's a major reason I bought a 455 Trainer instead of a 455 Lux. I wanted the tangent rear sight and a 24" barrel.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-07-2016, 01:00 PM
GlockR-1980
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Dec 2006
Location: 
NC
Posts: 
997
TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I fell victim to CZitis once again. The 452 trainer is the only CZ I lacked that I wanted. $360 wasn't a bad price either. Only 6 left when I picked mine up out of 50.




Mailed in from the squirrel woods
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Bigbluegill's Avatar
Bigbluegill

Join Date: 
Dec 2005
Posts: 
4,145
TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockR-1980 View Post
I fell victim to CZitis once again. The 452 trainer is the only CZ I lacked that I wanted. $360 wasn't a bad price either. Only 6 left when I picked mine up out of 50.




Mailed in from the squirrel woods
Congrats , I too have one on the way , but it's not the only Trainer I own . The CZ 452 Trainer has become my favorite CZ . I like it better than my Style , but only because it has sights Kirby
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-07-2016, 08:36 PM
I6turbo's Avatar
I6turbo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2012
Posts: 
4,095
TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby999 View Post
The CZ 452 Trainer has become my favorite CZ . I like it better than my Style , but only because it has sights Kirby
Same here -- 22 Magnum Lux and 22 LR Trainer are my favorite CZ/BRNO rimfires of the 20-something I own or have recently owned. The Goldilocks CZ, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-08-2016, 05:38 AM
gmd1950's Avatar
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2006
Location: 
Mebane, NC
Posts: 
55,334
TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Got a text about these Trainers at Ed's, told a friend who might have contacted them, I'm good on them for now but that's a pretty darn good deal if there are any left. My last 452 Trainer got a new stick.




And some Brno Model 1 bottom metal, makes a nice companion to my M1 in its Curly Maple stock.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member/GOA Life *Esse Quam Videri Ya'll*
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-08-2016, 06:53 AM
JMK's Avatar
JMK
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Jan 2016
Location: 
Kitsap County, WA
Posts: 
1,249
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TechNet Armory, Wholesale Hunter, and Bud's have them, too, among others.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x