"New" John Langley CZ Trigger On The Way - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-29-2017, 05:10 PM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
"New" John Langley CZ Trigger On The Way

While I have briefly written on the 100-Yard Benchrest Challenge of my conversations with John Langley (of 452 trigger fame) about the possibility of developing a trigger for the 455, I wasn't too sure it would come to fruition. Mr. Langley is pretty well past building triggers for the 452 and has a steady business building high-quality benchrest and hunting rifles.

Tonight, I received a call from Mr. Langley who advised me he had the first 455 trigger prototype in hand and would be shipping it to me for testing and preliminary inspection.

Mind you, this trigger is intended solely for benchrest use. At 1.6 oz., it's certainly not a hunting trigger; nor, is it intended for the casual plinker.

Bypassing the typical problems with the bolt of the CZ sliding out of the receiver when the trigger is substantially lightened, Mr. Langley has built a fully self-contained trigger which does not use any OEM CZ trigger parts, save the retaining pins. He also does not rely on the CZ method of pulling the trigger fully to the rear in order to release the bolt. His trigger utilizes his own set of levers (and instructions) to release the bolt and alleviate the bolt falling out at inopportune times.

While the trigger will come pre-set from Mr. Langley, there are adjustment screws to modify sear engagement, over-travel and spring tension (trigger weight.)

Based on our conversations, it appears the trigger will fit the trigger guard/stock inletting of a 455 which has previously utilized CZ's "Fly" trigger. Once the trigger is in hand, I'll be able determine for certain if that's the case.

While this trigger will not be for everyone who owns a 455, I believe there will be interest from those who have gone the semi-custom route with their 455's, and especially those who shoot benchrest exclusively.

Price? No idea....well, maybe a hint. Once I receive the trigger and see for myself exactly how good/bad or in need of further development it is, Mr. Langley can determine for himself how many of these he wishes to build and/or supply to the CZ community and at what price point. Trust me, it ain't gonna be cheap. My best guess? Anschutz 5018 type pricing or maybe a little less.

Once the trigger is in hand, I'll post photos. As soon as the temperature in Michigan gets above single digits, I'll be at the range to check for myself how well the trigger performs in person.

Bob

Last edited by dnttech; 12-29-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:28 PM
shampine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Interested in what you find,will be following this thread.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:31 PM
balvenie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Drooling at the thought of hearing all about it and deeply fearful for my hip pocket nerve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2017, 03:43 PM
ROBW223

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by balvenie View Post
Drooling at the thought of hearing all about it and deeply fearful for my hip pocket nerve
Hi Balvenie, I bought one for a 452 a couple of years ago, not too bad $330 AU posted! And a nice bloke to deal with to boot
Regards Rob
Note that was before President Obama bin
Liner's $100 export rule, so may be a bit further back than I first thought

Last edited by ROBW223; 12-30-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:02 PM
Alter Rostig

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Well, on the bright side

It will be a bit less than another CZ rifle. Wouldn't mind getting one for my DJ special. Should help me squeeze a bit more accuracy out of it.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:38 PM
A-Rob
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm still not thrilled with my Fly trigger and I'm interested too.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:55 AM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
A-Rob, it was the Fly which actually sent me on the quest to find someone who would build an honest-to-God match trigger for the 455. CZ had their chance, and they dropped the ball, badly.

Yes, I can get the Fly into the low 4 or 5 oz range, but the trigger is mush with way too much creep. Any lighter, the bolt falls out. Because CZ didn't go to a separate bolt release, the bolt issue will always be a problem when using their trigger.

I've used every conceivable combination of CZ and third-party products to get a trigger into the 1-2 oz range, and while I've gotten close, all I think of when it comes to the combination of parts is "bandaid." I don't like "bandaid" solutions to a problem; hence, the reason I contacted Mr. Langley.

What I was looking for was a BixnAndy type quality trigger for the 455...I think I found it.

Bob
Old 12-31-2017, 07:50 AM
A-Rob
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yes, the whole reason I bought the Fly was because it was 2 stage, but the creep isn't acceptable in 2 stage set up. I had to switch it over to single stage, which I like too, but that defeated the whole reason for it's existence. I got mine to somewhat crisp pull without the safety manipulation causing it to fire, but I could have done better with a spring kit and the factory trigger. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the review.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:37 AM
Kodiakco
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Looks like I'll be saving up some coin for a new trigger.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2017, 10:11 PM
mr2.0

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I switched out spring number 2 on the Fly trigger..solid 2nd stage or no creep what so ever.. adjust it down to 8oz way too light for target and plinking..brought it back up to 12oz

Last edited by mr2.0; 12-31-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:14 AM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Mr2.0...glad that worked out well for you, but when you're looking for a 1.5 to 2oz BR trigger, the Fly just won't work.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:10 PM
mr.big
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I guess he changed his mind on the 455 platform,,,in August of 2014 I offered him a blank check for him to make me one and he declined,,I may still take one if they become available,,
Old 01-02-2018, 06:19 PM
mr.big
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnttech View Post
A-Rob, it was the Fly which actually sent me on the quest to find someone who would build an honest-to-God match trigger for the 455. CZ had their chance, and they dropped the ball, badly.

Yes, I can get the Fly into the low 4 or 5 oz range, but the trigger is mush with way too much creep. Any lighter, the bolt falls out. Because CZ didn't go to a separate bolt release, the bolt issue will always be a problem when using their trigger.

I've used every conceivable combination of CZ and third-party products to get a trigger into the 1-2 oz range, and while I've gotten close, all I think of when it comes to the combination of parts is "bandaid." I don't like "bandaid" solutions to a problem; hence, the reason I contacted Mr. Langley.

What I was looking for was a BixnAndy type quality trigger for the 455...I think I found it.

Bob
I have the 452 Langely trigger and it is comparable to a Jewell but I wouldnt put it with a B&A.

but I still hope he makes them,,I actually bought the 452 Langely trigger hoping it would work in the 455 and it would line up with the pin holes but the sear was about .100 forward and would not function,,all he should have had to do was relocate the sear on his 452 trigger and been good to go,,,,I hope he makes enough I can get one,,it will just depend on how much they are and how much I have when they are for sale,,
Old 01-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Siloshooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I wonder if this trigger will work on a pre A956497 serial number CZ 455?
Mr. Fly triggers can only be fitted to guns after this serial number.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:40 PM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (108)
I would say the triggers are really nice, everything he works on looks great to me.