The official Archangel Marauder/G36 thread... - Page 37 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 PM
hashshasheen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Does anyone know if there is a speed loader out there for the marauder?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:09 PM
zomer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew K View Post
Email me ... [email protected] ... and we'll get you a Return Authorization and exchange your non-functioning mags for the Nomad with current production.
Really that would be great.
Thank you
Old 02-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Drew K
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashshasheen View Post
Does anyone know if there is a speed loader out there for the marauder?
No "speedloader", but a loading tool will be available shortly from Archangel that should work on all 10-22 stick mags.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Andy_PHA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Please hurry my thumbs are begging you.

Quote:
No "speedloader", but a loading tool will be available shortly from Archangel that should work on all 10-22 stick mags.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:50 AM
ArchangelR&D

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany View Post
So why is there no archangel 556 official thread?
Start one...

Last edited by ArchangelR&D; 02-09-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:57 AM
ArchangelR&D

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Exclamation Why isn't this thread a sticky yet?

Old 02-09-2012, 08:38 AM
CraigC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitassassin View Post

this one has nothing to do with my mag problem, i just wanted to show off my custom paint!
That is awesome!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM
david in germany
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelR&D View Post
Start one...
Once my dealer calls and says come get your 10/22..
Old 02-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Drew K

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_PHA View Post
Please hurry my thumbs are begging you.
Just watch the Archangel page at www.promagindustries.com for the AA115.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:48 PM
rabbitassassin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glad you like it Craig.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:20 PM
THEJAPINO

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I went to the range for the first time today with the Marauder kit on. Lots of fun, people with lots of questions
Old 02-13-2012, 03:03 AM
mh434
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
So...how'd it shoot? I've been having a great time with mine. Here's a follow-up shooting review I posted in another (Canadian) forum:

Well, took the kitted-out Marauder out to the range a couple of days ago, and thought I'd post an update.

At first, I decided to zero the kit's stock iron sights. I was able to almost get them zeroed, but at the elevation I finally got to, about half of the rear sight was obscured by the RedDot. Even so, the fitted irons sights are pretty good. At that point, I went on to zero the RedDot.

The RedDot I fitted was the Tasco BKRD30 model (not the BKRD30 22 - since the Marauder kit is fitted with a true picatinny top rail, I understand that the 22 version of this sight will not fit - it's apparently made to fit smaller, .22-size Weaver grooves). I've herd various opinions on inexpensive Tasco red dots, ranging from "they're actually very good" to "anything less than Aimpoint is worthless". Since the cost of one of the high-end red dots exceeds the entire cost of the rifle by a wide margin, and since I'm using the rifle for plinking, not for combat, and since the high-end ones exceed my allowable budget by several hundred dollars, I opted for the Tasco.

It was certainly cheap enough - around $39.00, in stock at my local Canadian Tire. When I opened the package, I was pleasantly surprised. The sight seemed to be fairly heavy, very solid, and the fit & finish was exceptionally good. The brightness settings, from 0 (off, obviously) to 11 have very positive detents. The 11 setting is brighter than I was able to use, and the 1-3 settings would have to be used in extremely low light, if at all. I tested it on a very bright, sunny day (rare for February on the wet coast!), and found that a brightness setting of 8-10 worked great. I might add that other shooters with benchrest rifles were having a lot of difficulty with glare in their scopes (the sun was ahead of the covered firing line), the Tasco, on the 9 setting, was perfectly clear on all targets, with no glare problems at all. The coatings seem to be very effective. Even facing into direct sunlight, the 11 setting was unnecessary.

Windage and elevation settings also have positive detents, but the clicks are very fine indeed. Still, it was easy to adjust, and after a few rounds it was bang on at 25 and 50 yards. The red dot almost covered a black 3" bullseye at 50 yards, leaving a corona of black around the outside of the dot.

I had fitted a UTG Tactical OP folding/swiveling bipod (model TL-BP88, 8.3"-12.7" center height), with external springs (basically a Harris clone), and was impressed with it. It was very sturdy, swiveled fine, and each leg could be easily adjusted & locked at any height, to accommodate unlevel ground. Even folded, there was room between the legs to clear the multi-position UTG folding foregrip. Using the legs deployed but collapsed worked fine for shooting from a seated position with the rifle on a table (the rifle sat on the bipod legs at the front, and the mag at the rear), and in the extended position for prone position firing.

On to the shooting!

I've heard some less-than-glowing reports about the Archangel mags, but I believe these reports were regarding the early-production ones with plastic forward pins. The newer ones, like the one I got, have steel locking pins forward and back. While it was initially a little stiff to seat, after a few in/out cycles, it worked smoothly.

I fired around 300 rounds of mixed ammo, ranging from Winchester Dynapoint 40 grain down to 30-year-old Sportco Superfast, and even some ancient Armsco stuff (no indication of bullet weight or anything else on the box). All of it fed through the Archangel Marauder mag without complaint. Even the very old, beat-up Ram Line 25-round mag I had worked properly. For the day, I had a total of 1 FTE (that round barely made a "pop" and, while it made it to the target, it was very slow indeed) and 1 FTF (one of the Dynapoint rounds - there was a solid firing pin indent on it, but it turns out the rim contained no priming compound - attempts to get it to go off in 4 other rifles were unsuccessful). In short - there were zero gun-attributable failures in firing, feeding or ejection.

Since I wasn't testing for MOA accuracy, but rather for function, I can't give you mm spreads of groups (that will require another day out at the range). What I can tell you is that, with the best of the ammunition I was using (the Dynapoint - I haven't tried any good stuff yet), even at 50 yds. the groups, generally, were surprisingly tight, considering that I was using a RedDot tactical-type sight, rather than a scope. Certainly, 5-shot groups under 2" at 50 yds were the norm and, for a "blasting away for fun" pinker, that's all I could ask for. Pop cans at 50 yds. wouldn't even be a challenge. At one point I unloaded a very rapid-fire 25 rounds at a target @ 25 yds (seated position, shouldered, on the bipod) and it shot a group consisting of a single ragged 2" hole, with no fliers. Now THAT'S plinking fun IMHO.

All in all, I continue to be impressed with the Marauder kit/10 22 combination. It's a whole lot of fun , and a lot of quality, for the money. And, it gets a lot of admiring glances (and a fair bit of outright drooling) from other shooters. I heartily recommend it!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:35 PM
saltydog5150
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Archangel finally finished

Finally got my little 10/22 the way I want it. Red dot works great. The little green airsoft laser pack seems ok. I have yet to test it but the green dot from the laser sits a hair high above my red dot sight.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Drew K

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Use of a Ruger BX-25 magazine will void the Archangel warranty...
Old 02-17-2012, 05:44 PM
saltydog5150
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Use of a Ruger BX-25 magazine will void the Archangel warranty...
So be it. I didn't buy the kit just for the magazine.