The official Archangel Marauder/G36 thread... - Page 36 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 PM
rabbitassassin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
mag feed ramp worn off

so yeah, after about 150 rnds through the steel pin mag, the feed ramp is totally gone. i was using cci ammo, i had no problems with jamming until it just wouldnt feed anymore. And when i try to call ProMag, their mail box is totally full and it wont let me leave a message.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Andy_PHA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
can you post a few pics of the problem for all of us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitassassin View Post
so yeah, after about 150 rnds through the steel pin mag, the feed ramp is totally gone. i was using cci ammo, i had no problems with jamming until it just wouldnt feed anymore. And when i try to call ProMag, their mail box is totally full and it wont let me leave a message.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:32 AM
rabbitassassin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
images

here you go, you can see the problem now
Old 02-04-2012, 11:33 AM
rabbitassassin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
and one more for good measure

this one has nothing to do with my mag problem, i just wanted to show off my custom paint!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Andy_PHA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
first of all awesome paint job, I'd like to hear more about that.

So it looks like the area that had that little glob of plastic to push the round up is completely gone. That's crazy. I'll take a closer look at mine as I put at least 150 to 200 rounds through it the other day. The only problems that I had were when I put all 25 rounds in I had a couple of instances of the round getting stuck under the little wire feed clip. I had few fail to load moments, but I think that had more to do with weak ammo than the mags.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:30 PM
rabbitassassin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
the paint was a lot of fun to do, im in the process of filming my technique on the mag cover, ill let you know when i get it posted up.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Andy_PHA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Look forward to seeing the process.

I looked at my mag and it does show signs of wear. I could see it being being completely worn out fairly quickly. I guess the good news is that part is replaceable.

Quote:
the paint was a lot of fun to do, im in the process of filming my technique on the mag cover, ill let you know when i get it posted up.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:23 PM
rabbitassassin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
im going to try and get ahold of ProMag on monday, i hope they will replace it, but if they dont ill just use my ruger and butler creek maps.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:47 PM
M6HTZ

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just put the kit together and I am very pleased with it, but I had a question. What is the roll pin for the was included in the kit?
Old 02-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Smiling Bob
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
M6HTZ,

The roll pin is for pinning the ploymer faux suppresor or the the 4 prong flash s hider. Not really required as those parts fit very snugly. In the instructions it mentions drilling the hole all the way through on the aluminum flash hider if you wish to be able to drive the pin out and remove it. Hope this helps.

Smiling Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6HTZ View Post
Just put the kit together and I am very pleased with it, but I had a question. What is the roll pin for the was included in the kit?
Old 02-05-2012, 05:26 PM
M6HTZ

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, that makes sense. I love the kit, I can't wait to take it to the range.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Andy_PHA

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
it's a great kit, I was surprised at how accurate the sights were.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Drew K
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
If you have "mailbox" problems at ProMag, you might try sending me an email... [email protected] ... so that we can deal with your problem.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Drew K
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomer View Post
too bad i have an original and the 2nd gen. Neither work good for me. When it warms up i hope to play with them a little and get them going good. I wish we could get replacements since these have alot of problems so far.
Email me ... [email protected] ... and we'll get you a Return Authorization and exchange your non-functioning mags for the Nomad with current production.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:07 PM
david in germany
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So why is there no archangel 556 official thread?