Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 12:52 AM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

Goodnight Mayor.

Seems like it has been overly quiet in the bar recently. What's up?

Forgot to congratulate you of your fine shotgunning report a couple days ago wook. A good report on the Market Hall gun show as well. Don't recall with certainty, but believe I attended a gun show there about 40 years ago about this time of year. Didn't know much about guns at that time, but had my heart set on a pre-64 Winchester Model 94, but that's a story for another time.

Last edited by Blackwolfe; 10-18-2020 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:02 AM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Everyone go to bed early?
Yes and I'm about to go back to bed.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:54 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Thanks, BW!

I went back to the club yesterday afternoon and shot three boxes on the 'orange' course over 12 of its 14 stations before becoming tired enough to stop & return to the clubhouse. Targets on that course are set to be as difficult as possible pretty much all the time and yesterday was no exception. It warmed up to the low 70's and winds switched from SE 16 G 26 to S 15 G 29 while I was shooting. Some of the targets were crazy tough when they were in following winds and one left to right solid black mini had to be going 125 mph or so and I had trouble seeing it at all against a dark green background of scrub brush, until it was too late as it high tailed it thru a tiny window of open light on the far right. Never did hit it. Skies were these rows of dark clouds that had some holes in the valleys between them, so it was one of those mottled 'light switch' types of afternoons where you might get a few bright rays out of nowhere and then it was darker again. That kind of light plays w/my perception. It always has, even well before needing to get new lenses in my eyes. It used to drive me crazy when I was shooting CF bench rest targets for group at lot in the 70's and I discovered that I was not not alone suffering from its effects. My 'score' was in the low 70% range, just barely. One of the better Master class NSCA shots was shooting in front of me in a foursome and when they got back in the clubhouse I found that he had broken only 81%! Also spoke w/some fine tournament skeet shots who were muttering about the target difficulty for their practice during those same winds.

There was a small bunker match going on that started on Friday. i looked at the scores posted for yesterday's match of 100 targets and there were many scores below 50% and not many above that. There were 40 or so shooters!

None of that should be read as a complaint on my part, it isn't remotely. I happen to like it when the targets are tough and enjoy it even more when I'm not sweating profusely. Yesterday was about perfect. That I got up at 3 A and stayed up other than a quick 15 minutes about dawn probably cost me a few targets in the afternoon and I was well worn when I stopped. Stopped and picked up some Tex-Mex to go for the bride & I for dinner & crashed almost immediately after. Wide awake now, but I'll go back to bed in a few.

Hip is decidedly more better, but I'll not be sprinting anywhere soon and battle rolls are out.

Its warmed to 75°, RH is 76% and wind is S 15 G 28 @ 2 A headed for a low of 70. Will see mid 80's for highs and 50's for lows over the next several, so they say.

May go shoot a 30 target helice race tomorrow afternoon that will start around 2 P. Why not!? The weather is nice and my nose & sinuses are behaving! Its nice to feel like a human bean again.
--

Not expecting to hear from the elk hunters until they surface; don't recall exactly, but think they were going in for a ten day to two week immersion. Hope they are having a fine time.
--

Deer oft intuit when the season on them opens, Mayor. Its part of their survival instinct. Plus they may wanna get some fresh veggies in before the first frost, so time out to go and pillage some farmer's garden rather than hang out by the corn feeder.. and get shot.

I'd personally think it too warm for the rut as well, but I could be wrong. I've only been an on and off deer hunter. 'Patience, my man, patience'; that's whot I've always been told.. when deer hunting from a blind.
--

Going to fix a nightcap and re-retire and may even try and sleep in. Have been at it fair hard these past few days, but it feels particularly good just now for some reason. Getting past the summer's heat has to be a part of that. Getting some consistent leisure shooting in once more is another, as is totally disregarding the spew of lies from the MSM. And then there are the puppy dog pics. posted here and airplanes too!

Whot's not to like?
Old 10-18-2020, 03:35 AM
labratt104
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Good Night (or Good Morning, as the case may be) Mr. Mayor, Sir. Sleep Well!
Old 10-18-2020, 03:59 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
It is disconcerting to read of the altering of your landscape, Zumi and more so the way that old weathered wood was disposed of. It is highly prized by many for fabricating everything from bird houses, to picture frames to walls in homes & taverns. I'd like to think there is even some old barn wood in TWH, but Rhody & Al would have to be consulted for verification about that. Razing things seems to be one of those very questionable trends we are confronted with these days. Can't say that I favor it much. Nature does sufficient razing as it is, to my way of looking at things. Could easily ride this tangent a far piece, but think the better decision at 4 A is to just go back to bed wondering if your neighbor is carrying any Sherman genes.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:39 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Son has installed an Alu Cab system on his Jeep Gladiator, they're on their first weekend with it up in the mountains, spotty cell coverage where they're at but he called to let us know all is well last night. Quite a rig but also quite spendy.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:40 AM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Old 10-18-2020, 07:25 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bird feeder wasn't up but a 1/2 hr and the Finn spotted a Tubby checking it out and demanding dinner, the filthy animal.

Bears are fattening up on bambi bait piles before their big sleep @ 33.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:14 AM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

≡✪≡
Old 10-18-2020, 08:47 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No frost this morning. May mow front yard for the LAST time this year ,today.

It has been quiet in here.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:54 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
...GOOD SUNDAY MORNING...

....Enjoy the day Everyone....

Old 10-18-2020, 08:54 AM
Brent

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggieBoy View Post
Might go tomorrow to shoot .22 rifles. Have to figure out what to bring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Bring rest, 22 rifles, ammo and maybe some water.
Don't forget the targets.

Brent
Old 10-18-2020, 09:08 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Don't forget the targets.

Brent
I just ring steel shooting Shirley's target stands.

Good misery loves company range report Wook.

Should be an interesting 1/4back battle betwixt Rodgers and Brady this afternoon, prompting the inner question if Rhody is a Brady fan, Pats fan, or both still? Al wondered to himself while buffing the mahogany bar top with Ren wax.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:22 AM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Raining here, must be raining everywhere.

Last.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:22 AM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Was she at least good looking?
Sounds like a waste of barnwood. I thought that old aged wood was expensive.
When my buddy was renovating his kitchen, he wanted wide plank barn wood floors. Some dealers told him he had to buy the whole barn. After a bit of negotiations, he got what he wanted. Was quite expensive. I think the barn owners only make a small amount and the sellers do fairly well. The wood needs to be sanded and stained and tung and grooved so there’s a bit of expense to bring it to market.
Closed Thread