Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-13-2020, 03:49 PM
RogerKipwell
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Need mo' magazines

So now that I'm the owner of a Supermatic Trophy, I need more magazines.

I found this on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-3-Fac...h/143780808022

I'm guessing that Victor mags would work in my new gun. However, these don't have the red bottoms. Are they likely to be real factory mags?

I learned to shoot with a High Standard in college with the NROTC. That was forty plus years back but I don't remember colorful mag bottoms.

Thoughts?
Old 10-13-2020, 03:55 PM
12Step

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Interarms in Houston. Alan has the good stuff. Pretty fast service as well
Old 10-13-2020, 05:47 PM
rimfiresrule2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Are those KKK?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2020, 06:06 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mags

The magazines the OP asked about on eBay are current Triple K made. They are not my first choice. They could be made to work, but will likely require feed lip adjustment.

The series 106 and early 107 pistols were provided with red plastic base magazines to fit the new military grip angle pistols. They were standard slant grip magazines that had the front of the baseplate cut back some, holes drilled in the base plate, and the plastic foot pressed in. These magazines suffered from breakage when dropped, so a new metal foot was designed to replace the red bottom magazines. The metal foot was used from that time forward by High Standard. That is the style that is currently used by Triple K, Interarms, and others. The metal based magazines work fine in the guns that originally came with the red based magazines, assuming they are adjusted properly.

If you are looking for original High Standard magazines on eBay, look for the 5 and 10 round count markings on the side, and a metal foot. Those are indications of original magazines. There are many magazines listed on eBay that are called factory original or similar description that were not made by High Standard. Some older versions of Trple K magazines are total junk.

Last edited by HSWayne; 10-13-2020 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:16 PM
RogerKipwell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the info.

Many years ago, I bought a couple Triple K 15 round mags for my 1911. I thought that they might be fun to use for bowling pins. During one string of fire the feed lips gave way and cartridges came shooting out of the top of the gun.

Last edited by RogerKipwell; 10-13-2020 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:53 PM
Alan Aronstein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
High Standard Magazines

All Models of the Interarms High Standard Heat Treated and Improved Geometry Magazines are back in stock. These are EXCELLENT Magazines !!! - Alan Aronstein
Old 10-16-2020, 04:11 PM
Promach
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerKipwell View Post
So now that I'm the owner of a Supermatic Trophy, I need more magazines.

I found this on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-3-Fac...h/143780808022

I'm guessing that Victor mags would work in my new gun. However, these don't have the red bottoms. Are they likely to be real factory mags?

I learned to shoot with a High Standard in college with the NROTC. That was forty plus years back but I don't remember colorful mag bottoms.

Thoughts?
I have several magazines that will fit the military grip High Standards, IE: 106-107 and Victors. You can email me at: [email protected] if interested. I also have 4 magazines that with fit the Olympic models that shoot the shorts. All for sale.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:08 PM
rimfiresrule2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have two, red plastic,older Texas mags and an, old, original ct. red one that slipped out of mag and never failed to break. three times. Its not pretty now but locks in, finally and stays together.