SW22 Victory Extractor Upgrade... Which One - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-18-2020, 09:30 PM
prairieviper
US Marines Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
SW22 Victory Extractor Upgrade... Which One

Since the factory extractor is no longer reliable, I am looking to upgrade to either the Tandemkross Eagle's Claw or the Volquartsen Exact Edge. I am sure both are good quality parts but does anyone have any experience with either one or both that can give me pros and cons?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-19-2020, 11:55 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the Tandemkross Eagle Claw and it works fine. It's easy enough to replace. Just be careful when you make the swap as the little plunger and spring in the bolt can launch themselves into oblivion, leaving you dead in the water. Best to do the job inside a large plastic bag or other well-contained area. Tandemkross also offers a kit with spare plunger and spring for only a few bucks.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:14 AM
prairieviper

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNH View Post
I have the Tandemkross Eagle Claw and it works fine. It's easy enough to replace. Just be careful when you make the swap as the little plunger and spring in the bolt can launch themselves into oblivion, leaving you dead in the water. Best to do the job inside a large plastic bag or other well-contained area. Tandemkross also offers a kit with spare plunger and spring for only a few bucks.

Thanks for the reply and heads-up about the spring and plunger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2020, 10:20 AM
JeeperJake
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking

as a precaution against the 'Vanishing from this Dimension' spring/plunger parts scenario likely, when having my 'smith do a trigger install that I determined was beyond the capacity of my 10 left thumbs, he installed a TDK extractor. In several thousand rounds now it has been flawless.

I can not praise the TDK Victory trigger enough. The reset time now is beyond my sensory input.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:26 PM
prairieviper

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I ended up ordering the Tandemkross Eagle Claw. Thanks to all for the replies.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:15 PM
ManurhinMatch

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have two Victory's and modified both: One with the Fluted SS barrel and the other with the Carbon Fibre barrel. Both with new TDK triggers and grips. Both with the TDK extractor.
The unit with the SS barrel runs flawlessly, but the other one stove pipes on every shot.
Tried multiple types of ammo, but I'm running out of ideas...?
Old 10-17-2020, 06:05 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Your ejector is most likely bent a little and this will cause that. It easy to do when cleaning the gun with the bolt out. The ejector is the L shaped piece of sheetmetal hanging down from the top of the gun. It should be running right next to the bolt. I mean very close! I had this issue before. Just tweak the sheet metal a little and I suspect your issue will go away.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:18 PM
ManurhinMatch

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWT22 View Post
Your ejector is most likely bent a little and this will cause that. It easy to do when cleaning the gun with the bolt out. The ejector is the L shaped piece of sheetmetal hanging down from the top of the gun. It should be running right next to the bolt. I mean very close! I had this issue before. Just tweak the sheet metal a little and I suspect your issue will go away.
I will check that, thanks.