10 round magazine - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-15-2020, 07:21 PM
Topstrap44

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
10 round magazine

if anyone is interested there is an original 10 round magafor an Izhmash 7-2 on Gunbroker. They don't show up very often. This isn't mine. Just passing it along.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/880438474

Topstrap

Last edited by Topstrap44; 10-16-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-16-2020, 07:00 PM
USGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, body made of gold and platinum spring inside. All painted black to match plastic parts color. $84 that is almost 1/3 of whole rifle original price. If I will ever need one , I will wrap a Ruger mag with plastic from soda bottle rather than pay that dirty price.

Last edited by USGuy; 10-16-2020 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:57 AM
Triggershoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USGuy View Post
Yeah, body made of gold and platinum spring inside. All painted black to match plastic parts color. $84 that is almost 1/3 of whole rifle original price. If I will ever need one , I will wrap a Ruger mag with plastic from soda bottle rather than pay that dirty price.
USGuy, you got THAT right! Well, maybe at least just gold plated... Anyone needing mags for the 7-2 (either five OR ten rounders) should PM RFC'er "sainava" (Alex). He makes a 3D printed version. I have several of his 5rd mags and they work JUST fine, and seem very durable. I can only testify to this on the ones that I have, but perhaps others can chime in with their experience. NOT gold plated, reasonably priced (maybe $25-$30?). I don't know for sure if he is STILL making them, but for anyone in need it's worth a shot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2020, 12:42 PM
USGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggershoe View Post
...reasonably priced (maybe $25-$30?).
That price is right, but soda bottle wrap still hard to beat It was one of my test projects in case nothing else is around. It worked well and it is somewhere here reported in pictures.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:59 PM
Topstrap44

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yup, it's priced dearly, but cheap compared a Rem 37 magazine.

Topstrap
Old 10-18-2020, 05:02 PM
Triggershoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USGuy View Post
That price is right, but soda bottle wrap still hard to beat It was one of my test projects in case nothing else is around. It worked well and it is somewhere here reported in pictures.
I remember seeing your posts on that mag with the bottle wrap. Ingenious! I know others (RFC'er "Gobber" maybe?) have reworked the Marlin mags to work as well. They certainly DO work, and your soda bottle trick is pretty slick. Sainava's 3D printed mags are REALLY well done, though, and work very nicely as well.