Team RFC payment - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-30-2020, 09:23 PM
Shenandoah

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Team RFC payment

I have sent a couple messages via the " Contact Us " option at the bottom of the page. I am assuming that they never got through since I haven't received a response. I'll try here.
I have been trying to renew my Team RFC membership, but I am only being given the option to pay through a paypal account. Is paypal the only method of payment that RFC uses ?
Thank you.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:38 AM
LuckyGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Post I agree.

I tried also, I think PayPal does not like RimFireCentral. PayPal would not let me access to my account to pay them.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:16 PM
ronnieh
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
workaround

Only the recurring payments option will work
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2020, 05:48 PM
Shenandoah

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What I am trying to find out is if RFC accepts forms of payment other than Pay Pal, such as credit card or personal check. I don't have a Pay Pal account. I tried the reoccurring membership payment, but I was still only offered Pay Pal as a method of payment.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:26 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
unfortunately that is the only method
Old 08-07-2020, 07:34 PM
Rat458
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Hope they can get it figured out soon.
A lot of money being missed out on because of this paypal only issue.
I tried also in the past and its still not fixed.
Come on,its not rocket science.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:01 AM
syfr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
It's not rocket science but Vertical Scope (the company that bought so many fine gun forums) really doesn't care about maintaining them like the original forum developers did. They just want to sell the ads. If they cared about the supporter revenue it could be fixed by hiring a high school kid to straighten out the PayPal issue in an afternoon.

Just ignore it and move on. Vertical Scope's parent company is not a supporter of guns anyway (that's stated gently on purpose... it's just a fact) so there's not going to be much in the way of passion to keep things right.

The business model seems to be:

* Buy forums in order to get access to advertising base
* Let volunteers from the legacy forum do the day to day administration (for free)
* Do the bare minimum administration keep the forums alive.
* Sell banner ads

There's nothing wrong with this, it's just way different from the typical gun forum. If you google "Vertical Scope" and "forums" you'll see all that they have purchased.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:18 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am currently having the same issue.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:27 AM
BBlount

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Tried to renew my membership today and was unable to use PayPal for anything other than the "Recurring" membership feature. In my case, I was able to utilize PayPal and purchase a "2 Years (Recurring)" Silver membership. Then I logged back into my PayPal account, verified payment and cancelled the automatic renewal feature.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:29 PM
blkwollf

TPC Rating: 
95% (53)
Unhappy

This is Getting Really OLD!!!
Old 09-29-2020, 10:20 PM
TLARbb

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
It is and it is going tio kill this forum. A shame, too.

I got no response from support about this and it's not up to me to fix it. If RFC goes away I'll miss it, but I'm not going to beg the admins and support staff to let me pay.

EJ
Old 10-17-2020, 04:57 PM
oldskeeter

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
Membership payment

10/17/2020 PayPal Still not working.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:46 AM
syfr

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
It's not a Paypal issue

I'm going to copy and paste this to these ongoing issues with the RFC forum payment problem.

Issue: Rimfire Central won't accept PayPal payments for forum membership.

Answers:

1) This problem exists entirely with Rimfire Central and their owners: Toronto Star (TORSTAR) and Vertical Scope.

2) The issue has nothing to do with PayPal. PayPal didn't become the dominant force in online payments by being hard to use or unresponsive to any issues that arise. Love or hate their politics (and I"m in the latter camp) they're extremely good at what they do.

3) Vertical Scope/TORSTAR is an internet marketing company, search engine optimization company, not a group of outdoors enthusiasts.

4) It's clear that the money potentially collected by Vertical Scope/TORSTAR via membership in RFC is trivial compared to the REAL product, which is selling ads and traffic. WE are the product in this arrangement , as consumers and content providers for this (and 100's of other) and other Vertical Scope owned forums.

5) Vertical Scope owned forums depend on forum volunteers to manage/police the websites they own. We should all be thankful for those people

6) Vertical Scope owned forums will get minimal upkeep , updating, other than that needed to maintain the basic online functions of the website. The best example of this is the PayPal neglect. Want a fancy new banner added to celebrate a holiday, or perhaps a member who has died? It's not going to happen.

I say this without throwing rocks, and by way of explanation. It gets tedious hearing "There's a problem with PayPal" when in fact the real issue is, there's no effort expended to fix the forum's interface with the standard PayPal software.

John 10/18/2020