Is Kinetic Research dropping a 10/22 stock? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-13-2020, 06:27 PM
Rob01
US Marines Veteran Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Yup stupid move on the super short LOP. Hopefully they see the light in later models and fix it.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:37 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I wanted this stock so badly to work out. Why on earth would they make this stock with a short LOP .This could have been a great trainer for its big brother center fire rifle counter part .It kind of shows how a lot of the industry doesn't take 22 rf seriously.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:09 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have two Tikka T1x KRG Bravo stocks and love them. I'd buy one for my Lilja barreled KIDD also if they made a standard LOP version. I think they made a major mistake with the reduced LOP and I told them so, but they don't appear interested in listening. Announcing them in January and not having them available until almost a year later is a fumble as well. Hopefully they get the message that the people that are buying their stocks are not kids and offer an adult-sized 10/22 stock. They got everything so right with their other stocks, but got it so wrong this time.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:39 PM
Kchapin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just got an email today . It’s not a hard date but it’s something
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9792E328-B57C-4483-8C2E-A3B3A425A5D4_1602646645421.jpeg (172.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-14-2020, 11:24 AM
762x51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I too think the shorter LOP is a bad idea, glad I didn't wait for one. I use the height adjustable buttpad and 1 spacer on my full size Bravos, probably the equivalent of 2-3 standard spacers.

They are supposed to be releasing a polymer adjustable LOP mechanism as well though, maybe this is the answer instead of stacking a bunch of spacers.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:39 PM
mcb2ms
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 762x51 View Post
I too think the shorter LOP is a bad idea, glad I didn't wait for one. I use the height adjustable buttpad and 1 spacer on my full size Bravos, probably the equivalent of 2-3 standard spacers.

They are supposed to be releasing a polymer adjustable LOP mechanism as well though, maybe this is the answer instead of stacking a bunch of spacers.

A shooter may be able to use the adj. LOP but you have to take into account if the shortened cheek weld mechanism will fit your specific need. When I spoke with they’re rep he claimed the shortened cheek weld wouldn’t effect the shooter. I’m so skeptical that I don’t plan to order one in the near future.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:16 AM
762x51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
KRG just posted this on Instagram. That short LOP looks so odd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (55.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 10-22-2020, 11:22 AM
762x51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Full pic from the website
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (40.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-22-2020, 11:35 AM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Yep. That just looks stupid. I already have to use two spacers on my T1x KRG Bravo stocks. It looks like I'd have to use six or more on that abomination. There is no way the cheek riser is going to be in the right place then.

Last edited by Mike_AK; 10-22-2020 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:44 PM
cmb1

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
Yep. That just looks stupid. I already have to use two spacers on my T1x KRG Bravo stocks. It looks like I'd have to use six or more on that abomination. There is no way the cheek riser is going to be in the right place then.
Same size as my Grand Son's Chip Monk 22 single shot!
Old 10-22-2020, 04:47 PM
MyOdessa
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It always amazes me when company receives unequivocal feedback that their product does not meet expectations of their base customers, and company's response is - our product is great, you just don't understand how great it is.
Too bad, I was looking forward to this stock.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:56 PM
mcb2ms
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOdessa View Post
It always amazes me when company receives unequivocal feedback that their product does not meet expectations of their base customers, and company's response is - our product is great, you just don't understand how great it is.

I totally agree. In my recent back and forth email with them, the person tried to convince me the cheek weld would not be affected (like I was an idiot). I finally just stopped responding.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:56 PM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I'm thinking it has more to do with a manufacturing problem related to it being a single piece stock instead of a two piece like their other rimfire stocks and it is just a BS marketing approach to cover it up. Otherwise, why wouldn't all their other "just rimfire" stocks have a short LOP? I was a dedicated hard core fan of the Bravo T1x stock, but they have lost me. Good luck if you are listening. I won't be coming back. Do you really think the market for these stocks are 12 year olds saving up their lunch money? Fire your marketing manager before it is too late.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:29 PM
homersapien

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOdessa View Post
KRG's "logic" has been nonsense. "Our stock is made for an 8 year old but don't worry because your (adult) cheek weld is gonna be totally fine." Uh...sure. This a huge disappointment; I was looking forward to this more than just about any other accessory this year.
Old Yesterday, 01:24 AM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I also did not see anything about being compatible with KIDD rear tang. They talked about it with the prototype, but nothing listing on the new webpage. It does so "We will be adding a list of compatible 3rd party receivers in the future". So hopefully it will be listed there. I can deal with the LOP and spacers, but not taking a KIDD rear tang is a deal breaker.