Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Annual Christmas Charity Fundraiser and Membership Drive

9K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  TheGeek 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

It's that time of the year again as we open up our annual charity drive to raise money for several organizations that are near and dear to our hearts. As many of you will remember, last year we raised an astounding $6,000 for St. Judes Children's Hospital. We started a little late this year, but we'd like to aim for a similar amount, and we're going to spread the love a little bit this time.

We've selected five charities this year, and our goal will be to raise $1,000 for each one. As soon as we complete one, we'll move to the next, so we'll raise money in the following order:

St. Judes Children's Foundation
Wounded Warrior Project
USO
Project Child Safe
American Heart Association

Anything we make over $5,000 will be donated evenly between the 5 charities.

Q: How do I participate?
Just visit this page and upgrade your Team RFC membership. If you're joining for the first time, awesome! If you are already a member, you can expand your membership many more years into the future.

Q: How much is actually donated?
This isn't some sneaky marketing guise, this is what our founder Indy wanted so it's what we do every year in his memory. Every dollar that goes into our PayPal through memberships/donations will go to the charities. We'll post the receipts as proof (here's last years!).

Q: My Team RFC is maxed anyways/I don't trust PayPal/I'd rather donate directly to the charities. Can I still participate?
Sure! Feel free to send additional funds via paypal to shawn@rimfirecentral.com. You may also send check or money order to us at 8411 Southern Springs Way, Indianapolis, IN 46237. You can also just visit any of the websites above, donate directly to them, and email me the receipt or photo of the receipt (shawn@rimfirecentral.com) and I'll be happy to add it to the tally.

Q: When does it start/end?
We got a late start, so we're backtracking all memberships since December 1, and we'll go until sometime around Christmas and donate before the end of the year.

Q: Is this tax deductible?
It darn well should be, but technically RFC is not a 501/c3 so if the tax man sniffs around, they may not qualify it. So if you're concerned about such things, please donate directly to the charities above and just send me the receipt/proof so I can add it to our totals for the drive.

As of today (Dec 6), we're starting with $240, so it's time to share and promote the heck out of this post. Share it with friends, family, and new RFC members who have been looking for an excuse to join Team RFC!!!!!

Merry Christmas and thanks for another wonderful year at RFC.

Sincerely,
Mary, Mike, Shawn and the entire RFC Team

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.