Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Holster for Bear cat

13K views 39 replies 28 participants last post by  A square 10 
#1 ·
Just bought a new Bear cat. Still in gun jail here in Ca.
I'm looking for a holster for it......it standard sights, 4.2 inch barrel.
Let's see what's out there!
Thanks, Ray

#3 ·
Congrats on the new incoming Bearcat, widowshooter! :cool:

I'm wanting a holster for my Shopkeeper, kinda sorta. Maybe I ought to just buy a regular Bearcat holster and cut the muzzle end back. But then I'd really like a full coverage holster with a flap, too. Hmmm.

#4 ·
My standard stainless Cats are 4.2 inch. I have the Triple K that's sold on ShopRuger. I have the Hunter Snap Off, model 1100-46, my favorite. I have the Blackhawk holster that's listed for a small SA; it swallows everything but the grip, not so good.

You'll find several holsters on eBay; some good, some not. Barsony is iffy, from what I read.

#8 ·
Thank you one and all for your response to my question of buying a new holster!
I ordered a triple k from Midway......
The reviews were fair, but stated they were pretty dry, and needed to be softened up some........that's not much of a problem, and beings as they were a bit less expensive then the Ruger site, it was the one I went with.
Ill post how things went in the future.
Again, thanks, and good shooting!.........Ray

#11 ·
My one owner 1963 Bearcat ( and I actually knew the previous owner ) came with the 1963 holster . It's " Hunter style" , have to check, I think mfg by Buchiemer .

( And 1963 imatation Pearl grips , and 1963 name engraved on the butt . But I can't gripe about that too much , because having it say " Louise " on the butt made the low milage, good condition 1963 Bearcat affordable to me .)

#13 ·
I should have gotten back sooner......sorry, no excuse.....:(
My holster came in from Midway..........looks awesome!
The fit is perfect, and it wasn't as stiff as I was expecting. I also ordered some leather conditioner and used some on it. Came out fine.
The bearcat looks great in it, and I couldn't be happier!
Ray

#15 ·
I would go the Simply Rugged route like gce61 did.
They are quality holsters, several friends have them.
The Simply Rugged line is made near me. ( no, I don't know the owners).
It looks like they offer 4 different styles of their holsters to fit the Bearcat.
When I pick up another Bearcat, one of their pancake holsters is what I'll get for it.
https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/LEATHER GUN HOLSTERS.cfm?cat_id=669
Years ago I had a Tucson holster maker do a pancake for the Bearcat I had then, and it was a perfect rig for it. That gun and holster was stolen, or I'd still have it.

Hunter and Triple K make decent holsters, but rather on the low end for quality and looks.
If you plan to keep this gun a while, spend some extra $$$ and get a nice holster for it.

#20 ·
Up date

I started this thread back in Sept 2018.
I have used this triple K holster on a lot of field trips to the desert and mountains around my place.....
I couldn't be happier!
The gun itself has been the demise of more than a few jacks, and about a million cans!
All in all, a good combination!.........thanks......Ray

#22 · (Edited)
Simply Rugged is an awesome holster for the bearcat.

Carries great on a belt, very secure but easy to access.
It also fits perfect as a rear jeans pocket holster when I'm working on my property.

Rear jeans pocket

Front pocket cargo shorts, again this is often when out working in horse barn and around property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
I purchased the Big Texas Leather Works crossdraw holster for my Ruger Bearcat with adjustable sights. Also bought their ammo pouch to use for all of my rimfire guns. The ammo pouch easily holds a box of Long Rifles and is easy to reload revolvers and rifles from. I combined these with my Relentless Tactical carry belt and so far has been a good rig for me.

Attachments

#24 ·
Uncle Mike's Sidekick, size 7

Does anyone have a photo to post of a Bearcat holstered in an Uncle Mike's Sidekick holster, size 7? I've read where some say it is a "perfect fit"; I'd like to see that fit as Uncle Mike's size chart states the size 7 fits SA revolver with 3.5" to 5" barrels. But, there is a big difference in size between a Blackhawk and a Bearcat. Just curious in case I decide to order one. Thanks ahead of time. :bthumb:
:Blasting_ :eek:

#25 ·
Can't agree more about the quality, fit, and finish of Simply Rugged's products.

When I told wifey to just get me another of their products anytime she felt I deserved a reward, she replied that it was too hard to pick out the right one.

My reply was, "I'm sure I've got something that will fit in it, if not, I can buy something that will."

So far, I can count on a new one every Christmas and Birthday

#26 ·
Old post but I will add the following: if you like a great working/woods walking holster for the Bearcat you cannot beat the Hunter 1100-46 lmho. Easy on easy off, good leather, secure and covers the trigger( I like that). Also, it can easily be made to work with the newer Bearcat with adjustable sights (I did one for my Bearcat w/adj. sights). I picked up two of the 1100-46's for about $25.00 each in very good used condition off EBay recently.