Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-21-2021, 05:35 PM
jstanfield103
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I need to gt a steel trigger guard for mine one of these day's. Nice job.
Old 07-21-2021, 09:32 PM
ferg
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Before you cut the hammer spring, replace the trigger spring with a floppy disc spring.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:06 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg View Post
Before you cut the hammer spring, replace the trigger spring with a floppy disc spring.
The dip comes with a lighter trigger spring,

The weight of the trigger pull is definitely coming from inside of the Rube Goldberg contraption.

The pre travel is gone, the break is crisp, Im hoping that after a brick of HV the that it just butters up . I donít want to remove those e clips and have to deal with all those free hanging springs and interlocking stamped sheetmetal components.

But Arrowdodger is gone, and i doubt anyone is selling one of his masterpieces.
Old 07-24-2021, 02:32 PM
KB9STD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Interestingly (to Me anyway) , the shops sticker on the box appears to read "used marlin model 60 rifle".

Last edited by KB9STD; 07-24-2021 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-24-2021, 08:06 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Congrats on your find, you done good JMO, but Ferg is right. The Floppy mod takes about a pound off the initial pull. If you don't want to take the Trigger group apart, I'd suggest you spray-clean it all with some sort of solvent and blow it out with air, then put a drop of oil on the 'pivot pins' of the hammer and sear, and a drop on the Hammer/Sear notch. I'd leave the rest 'dry' so it doesn't collect dirt. (Ask me ... - I had an Out-of-battery from dirt)
And Arrowdodger's videos are still on YT - he gives full instruction on his mods (except you can't get the KAT any more).
Cheers,
Ed
Old 07-24-2021, 11:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB9STD View Post
Interestingly (to Me anyway) , the shops sticker on the box appears to read "used marlin model 60 rifle".
Used meaning pre owned. Yeah I thought it was the original, and i was wrong. But 149.99 looks original to me

It was an unused pre owned firearm.

In any case , i took it to the range today , zeroed at 50 and was putting all 18 shots well inside the 2 inch sticky reaction targets i use.

Of a bench of a rest rear bag and aguila sv blue box.
Not bad for a 3x9 scope..

The DIp complete trigger was awesome. Not light , but 0 pre travel, clean brake no over travel and short reset and no ,imho , need for me to go any further into trigger mods.

So good, im gonna put an 8 x32 on it and see what it cAn do when i can really see the target.

The one weird thing i noticed is that when i released the bolt from the hold open it doesnt chamber a round, but when i release it from the push in bolt lock it does.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:55 PM
sav99fan
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Same concept as a pistol slide stop it is just that. Just a stop the proper way to put it into battery is to pull the slide back and let go. Same thing here pull the built back and let go. The bolt lock is further back than the lsho catch so more travel, more inertia to fully chamber.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:51 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav99fan View Post
Same concept as a pistol slide stop it is just that. Just a stop the proper way to put it into battery is to pull the slide back and let go. Same thing here pull the built back and let go. The bolt lock is further back than the lsho catch so more travel, more inertia to fully chamber.
Thanks, shoulda thought of that. But Im a 1022 fan boy, so kinda slow