Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:13 AM
Bob4BVM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Six 82G's in Offhand Match this month !

Best turnout yet from team Kimber. Seems the G crowd is doing all the shooting. And holding their own against the CZ's, Annies, etc.

All you guys with the fancier Kimbers, do you ever shoot them ? ...Come join us !

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=561984

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited by Bob4BVM; 08-03-2015 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:06 PM
tlhodgson
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I saw that. Pretty good turnout for the Kimber crowd. We need more!
Old 08-05-2015, 08:40 PM
Oldblades
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Hey Bob, I just saw that you used Federal 510 in the irons. I thought I was the only one that loved that cheap stuff for short range target shooting.

Quit buying bricks on a regular basis 3-4 years ago from Gander Mountain because I was POd that they raised the price here from 1.99 to 2.29/50.
They got the last laugh I'm afraid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2015, 09:47 PM
RichJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldblades View Post
was POd that they raised the price here from 1.99 to 2.29/50.
They got the last laugh I'm afraid.
Guess it's like gasoline, grew up buying Super Shell at 27 cents a gallon for my Norton..........those prices are long gone along with Nortons. Oh well.

Rich
Old 08-07-2015, 01:19 PM
RVN 69-70
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Norton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ View Post
Guess it's like gasoline, grew up buying Super Shell at 27 cents a gallon for my Norton..........those prices are long gone along with Nortons. Oh well.

Rich
Ahhhh YES, the Norton..........wonderful MC there.......I had a 750 (Interstate?) and hated to 'give her up'. Kick starting was a bear SOMETIMES.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:01 PM
RichJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN 69-70 View Post
Ahhhh YES, the Norton..........wonderful MC there.......I had a 750 (Interstate?) and hated to 'give her up'. Kick starting was a bear SOMETIMES.
The Interstate was the last generation of Nortons it was one of the Commando line. They had the rubber mounted engines to kill vibration and I do believe they also had some with larger displacement than 750cc.
Mine was a 1966 Atlas, my first bike. Brand new of the showroom floor $1160. The older fellows said I wouldn't make it to my 21st birthday.

Rich
Old 08-07-2015, 07:31 PM
dangerranger

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ View Post
The Interstate was the last generation of Nortons it was one of the Commando line. They had the rubber mounted engines to kill vibration and I do believe they also had some with larger displacement than 750cc.
Mine was a 1966 Atlas, my first bike. Brand new of the showroom floor $1160. The older fellows said I wouldn't make it to my 21st birthday.

Rich
I had two Norton 850 Commando's, I think the old guys said the same about me! I had a 1973 that had been raced pretty hard, and a very pretty 75 that only had about 400 miles on it when I got it in 78. The biggest thing I remember about them was that I never went anywhere on one without working on it! That was what turned me to Japanese bikes. DR
Old 08-08-2015, 05:06 AM
Dickn52
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I had a 72 yellow Dunstall that Paul did for me in GB. First cafe racer I ever owned. Picked up the bike at the factory and drove it to London and then back to Italy. Good Lord I was young then and what a drive. Ferry to Europe proper and drove to Paris and south to Monaco, left to Italy along the coast. Had that or 3 years in Italy and raced the Laverda's and Tridents all over town.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:03 PM
dangerranger

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickn52 View Post
I had a 72 yellow Dunstall that Paul did for me in GB. First cafe racer I ever owned. Picked up the bike at the factory and drove it to London and then back to Italy. Good Lord I was young then and what a drive. Ferry to Europe proper and drove to Paris and south to Monaco, left to Italy along the coast. Had that or 3 years in Italy and raced the Laverda's and Tridents all over town.

Yea, I was pretty young in those days too! I ran the 73 at Laguna Seca, and the old Willow Springs, a couple of times. I didn't even own a trailer, I just rode it there! I had to borrow a helmet that would pass inspection. A couple of friends had Tridents. After I sold the Nortons I bought two Kawasaki 750 triples and drag raced them into the mid 80s. Some time in there I also had a Yamaha RD400 that was track ready. As fast as they seemed back then, My kids bikes today will leave the vintage stuff in the dust! The closer I get to retirement The more I like the Triumph Thruxton, But I don't think I could stand the pressure on my arthritic hands that the riding position would put me in. DR
Old 08-08-2015, 10:03 PM
Dickn52
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Tell me about it. Clubman clipons were not fun, but way cool with that little headlight faring and pedal shifters. Rode a Ninja from Florida to California once. Took five days because of some snow stuff in Arizona. Took another five to stand up again. Nice bike. parked at a bank and a big *** truck backed over it.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:27 PM
RichJ

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
Yea, I was pretty young in those days too! I ran the 73 at Laguna Seca, and the old Willow Springs, a couple of times. I didn't even own a trailer, I just rode it there! I had to borrow a helmet that would pass inspection. A couple of friends had Tridents. After I sold the Nortons I bought two Kawasaki 750 triples and drag raced them into the mid 80s. Some time in there I also had a Yamaha RD400 that was track ready. As fast as they seemed back then, My kids bikes today will leave the vintage stuff in the dust! The closer I get to retirement The more I like the Triumph Thruxton, But I don't think I could stand the pressure on my arthritic hands that the riding position would put me in. DR
When I had my Atlas if you had a 12 sec bike you probably were taking it to the strip on a trailer. As it was most likely all stripped down with no lights or mufflers. My Honda 919 does 11 sec and that's with mufflers and turn signals. Amazingly it's not even considered a 'fast' bike by today's standards.

Rich

Last edited by RichJ; 08-09-2015 at 07:28 AM.