Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

My E stock is finished

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  justinp61 
#1 · (Edited)
My E stock is finished, *range report added*

It didn't finish out to what I was expecting but it's my fault as I used a different method to apply the finish. It is a nice stock though.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I got to shoot the rifle a little today, the wind was gusting up to 12 mph from 11-2 o'clock.

When I purchased this one it was in a RH Fajen stock, I shoot LH. I traded the stock and Lyman sights that came on it for a Redfield Palma rear and started working on the E stock. These groups were shot off a bench with a front rest and rear bag, Redfield Palma rear and International front sights and SK Standard Plus ammo. I have to give a shout out to Steve Emmert for making and selling the E style feed ramp. It's a great addition to my D rifles, no more hunting for the chamber.

50 yards five shots each.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
Thanks again guys.

I shot the rifle Wednesday night at a local gun club. These are just fun matches and we shoot peep sight benchrest, scoped benchrest, scoped sporters benchrest and .22 pistol. Wednesday we shot peep sights from a rest and rear bag. I finished third, my buddy won shooting 597/600 with a very nice 52E.

I hate to cherry pick groups but had to post this one as I'll probably never shoot one as good even with a scope. Five shots at 50 yards, SK Standard plus with peeps.

Attachments

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Very good shooting with your 52

Great to see you shoot Iron Sights and achieve that tight of a group with your 52.
That will send you home with a smile for sure.

At my range I have started running a Vintage Iron Sight match off the bench shooting the NRA 23-5 target..50 yds. We are having a great turn out and alot of fun enjoying these fine old target rifles...I shoot a 52C with the standard barrel. I am amazed at what my 70 yr old eyes can still accomplish with those peep sights and a 60 year old American rifle. Heck doesn't get better than that!!
You be proud of that group and may you shoot many more !!

By the way...very nice work on that stock...shoots good and LOOKS GOOD...Yeh

#15 ·
Thanks you sir. We shoot the NRA B40/4 NRA 10M air pistol target. At 58 I'm the youngest guy in the group. Most of the guys have been doing this for decades, I started shooting indoor air rifle benchrest last fall and picked up two 52D's and a Browning 52 this spring. It's a great group of guys and we have a lot of fun and I really look forward to shooting with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.