Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-08-2020, 11:02 AM
zukiphile
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H. View Post
Thanks for the replies gents, but I still have questions. My favorite dedicated .22 LR upper was one of the early DPMS 20" service rifle models.
Rick, I think your bolt differs from the Ceiner/CMMG pattern (the kind shown in post #14) so profoundly that none of these weights would work with your existing bolt. In the upside, the DPMS bolt looks like it's longer and therefore heavier to begin with.

Last edited by zukiphile; 06-08-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:55 PM
colonelhogan44
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
All pre-orders for the stainless weight have shipped as of today. Wait by your mailbox in great anticipation.

They came in at 1.56oz:

Old 06-11-2020, 08:31 PM
rickyblaze131

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice, can't wait to try it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2020, 03:08 PM
rickyblaze131

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Received my stainless steel bolt weight yesterday while I was on duty. Very nice quality, I did polish the bottom a little (to satisfy my OCD, lol) Installed it this morning, I can definitely tell a difference in the way it sounds and feels with the weight installed. Only shot a 25 round mag and had no malfunctions with the Winchester M-22. I will try some Remington subsonic tonight after the grandson leaves and report later.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:13 PM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I found something interesting out that I did not know before. I didn't realize that a 4.5" barreled pistol could be finicky. My pistol functioned fine with CCI Standard Velocity and CCI AR Tactical before installing the stainless steel weight from Bore Buddy. My pistol definitely did not function well with the CCI Standard after installing the bolt weight. Since I don't use a suppressor and the pistol still functions very well with high velocity, I'll stick with that. The pistol was smoother and cleaner with the added bolt weight. I didn't have near the amount of carbon inside the upper as I did before.

This was my first short pistol build.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:16 AM
rickyblaze131

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I found that the Remington subsonic rounds would chamber after first round was fired. But, the hammer won't cock. I'm going to try a lighter hammer spring to see if that eliminates the problem.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:01 PM
zukiphile
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I just got some time with a stainless weight.

After 300 rounds I inspected the rear notch for wear. I saw no wear, and the little forward crossmember is intact.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:45 PM
rickyblaze131

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Installed the JP light hammer spring. It solved the problem I had with the Remington subsonics not cycling. Runs like a champ with them now. Very happy