Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-20-2020, 03:28 PM
Grizzly_A
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
PacLite & VQ Grip

I assembled a PacLite upper with a VQ grip housing lower, factory bolt and VQ mainspring assembly. The fitment of the VQ mainspring with everything is great, much better than the MKIII where it took a punch to get the mainspring out of the upper. However, on reassembly, the bolt sticks about halfway when charged. If I charge it 10 times, it will stick open about 40%-60% of the time. A bump on the rear of the bolt will seat the round. It happens when dry cycling as well.

It seems like something is hanging up and stopping the bolt from going into battery fully. This combination of parts hasn't been fired together yet, so I'm wondering if it just needs some more oil and a few hundred rounds to settle everything together. (The bolt is new, the paclite upper has a few hundred rounds through it, but I put the donor gun back to factory and then bought the VQ parts and bolt to get a second one together)

Has anyone heard of this?
Old 11-20-2020, 05:38 PM
JStacy

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Check your extractor and make sure it has not become loose and interfering with the bolt going forward . If it is loose clean the threads then lock tite the screw in place that holds the extractor.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:41 PM
Grizzly_A

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Definitely not the extractor. I don't notice any wiggle with the ejector, but something is definitely rubbing. Pulling the bolt back there is a lot of resistance and then it goes back. Then there's about 40% travel forward until it catches and stops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2020, 07:48 PM
27 Beck

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
Top rail screw too long and interfering with bolt?
Old 11-22-2020, 12:12 AM
JStacy

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Grizzy , my bad I meant the ejector!
Old 11-22-2020, 09:47 AM
Grizzly_A

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This combo wants to be run wet. I over oiled everything with Lucas Extreme gun oil all through the insides and connecting parts and it's starting to close reliably. The pull back is still difficult, hopefully that will break in after a few hundred rounds.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:18 PM
Grizzly_A

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I figured out the issues I was having with it today while trying to fit the grips.

2 pins had slipped out of place and they were interfering with...everything. After using a pick and some pushing and pulling of parts around inside the grip housing, I was able to get the pins lined up so everything was straight. It went back together like a typical MKIII, except this time with less swearing. The VQ mainspring installation is really easy compared to factory.

Pulled the bolt back and it's smooth just like it's supposed to be. Did some dry cycling of a mag and it was easy and predictable.

I'm a little disappointed that the VQ trigger housing pins and bolt stop pins were THAT loose even with the proper resistance on them. It seems like they would be a bit tighter on QC, given the cost of their products.

Oh well, I'm happy to have to together, cycling smoothly and can't wait to shoot it.