Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-20-2020, 08:37 PM
22hiker
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Any FX Independence/Indy owners?

I was wondering if anyone here has one of the discontinued FX Independence or Indy rifles? If so, how often do you need to change out your o-rings in the onboard air pump? Do you have a good source for the pump o-ring kit?
Old 11-20-2020, 10:11 PM
PigButtons
US Air Force Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
I saw those when they first came out and thought about getting one but the weight is what made me shy away. I have no info on an actual parts kit, but if you live near any medium sized or larger city there is probably a hydraulic parts/repair business. They will have o-rings of almost any flavor you can imagine. I've found more than a few Unicorn horns for my antique air rifles there. Also shops that specialize in fuel injection for commercial trucks are likely to have a good selection. Take in what you have or the part that requires the o-ring and they can usually match it even if the old one is damaged. The hydraulic shop is an especially good place to start because their stuff is rated for at least 3000 psi as a rule.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:22 PM
22hiker
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ya, they are about 8lb but that is due to the on board pump. It's nice to not having to be tied to a separate pump or tank. I'll have to search for a hydraulic store as the o-rings needed are a different variety than found at a local hardware or auto store. thanks