Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Photo Gallery for our CF rifles

34K views 187 replies 100 participants last post by  huntsman22 
#1 ·
I am as guilty as anybody here with posting questions. comments and pictures where they should not be. :eek:

So I am just wondering if we could get a Photo gallery for our CZ and other brand of Center fire rifles.

I would like to share my pictures with others but there is no place to put them.

just asking...if not I can understand.

this photo is the one I would like to share with others here.

MY CZ 527 rifles: 17 Hornet, 22 Hornet, Rem 222 and Royal 223 in back :)

Signalman :mad::):D

See less See more
#2 ·
Signalman, your pictures are always carefully staged and really come out nice for all of us to enjoy. I would like to share pictures of some of my rifles, but unfortunately have no computer skills whatsoever. It would be nice if the process was made easier for people like me. I can send one picture at a time on email or text, but that is the extent of my capability.

#9 ·
if this page is going to be made a sticky then I want to add picture from someone who is not with us any more CB900F. Jim's rifle was beyond beautiful he put his heart and soul into this rifle and it's only fitting that it gets included.

so I would like to share one picture of Jim's rifle.

Signalman :mad::):D

#13 ·
CZ 550 FS

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

CZ 550 FS in 9.3x62 , just picked up a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 used locally used mounted it in the new style Alaskan Arms lever lock rings. This is the most recent of half a dozen other scopes I tried that were "proper glass" for a 9.3 cal.

My preferred hunting scope is a 2-10 while I like at least 14-16X for bench working up loads at 100 or more yards and a 1.5-6X / 2-7X was not getting it for me. So I was using 2 scopes with detachable rings .

So five sets of detachable rings and various scopes I ended up with the Elite.

The 2.5 should be low enough for up close hunting and 16X is nice on the bench since the Elite 6500 has an advertised 4" eye relief which it does at 16X and much more at 2.5X with hardly any black ring at any power and nice big sight picture . The side focus is quite precise and starts at 10 yards .

I was not sure I would like the new style Alaskan arms rings , they look more like a Ruger style ring that splits horizontally as opposed to the original vertical design , but turns out I do like the looks and the .400 Med size for the 30mm tube Elite is perfect .

#22 ·
My Howa Mini .223 Ultralight topped with Talley Ultralights and a Leupold VariX II 2-7x33.
I'm loving this combo and can't wait to pick up a suppressor for it.

If you look closely you can see something unusual about this one which I will soon explain in a new thread in this forum

#23 · (Edited)
Mauser 308

Here is my Mauser 98, with a new Lilja 308 barrel. I just finished redoing my Mauser, with a new Hogue, grind to fit recoil pad and a 27 inch Lilja, heavy barrel installed. With the barrel being so long, I also rebuilt the nosecap, making it a little longer. The rifle is weighing in at 12.2 pounds. and 48 inches long.

#30 ·
Here is pic of my ar i built and cerakoted myself. The handguard is a little short but will replace as $ becomes available
You may want to consider moving your mount back to the upper receiver, and off the hand guard. A cantilever mount may be necessary to keep the scope that far forward, but doing this will give you a much more stable mounting surface.

#32 ·
My Fall Projects

I'm usually building and selling Ruger 10/22 stocks. This fall, I decided to do something a little different, by building 5 rifles for myself.
My first project was a rebarreling of my Mauser 98, 6mm/284. The stock was refinished and a new nosecap added, with a 27" Lilja 308 barrel.

My second build was a new, 26" Howa 308, barreled action from Brownells and my first centerfire stock build. The wood is mesquite, with a maple tip and grip cap.

My next two projects were similar. Both were 308 Howa, barreled actions, with 20 inch barrels. The first was a hunting style build and the second was a target style stock. Both used a Nutmeg color, laminated blank.

Finally, is a 6.5 Creedmoor, with a 24" Howa barreled action. The wood is maple, purchased from one of our members. The grip cap is a piece if the mesquite scrap, from my second build.