X-22 Backpacker stock for Takedowns - Page 7 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Phineas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Got mine today. There's lots of room around the standard profile barrel at the hand guard, but it doesn't seem to matter. It's snug because it's held together by the screw in the bottom of the hand guard.
The butt stock fits a 50 round paper box of ammo, but it's kind of loose. The plastic 50 round boxes do not fit, again, no big deal.
Three magazines fit in the butt stick, but they rattle around a bit. A little scrap of paper towel in each pocket stops them from moving around, but the cartridges in the magazines still rattle a bit.
The sealed compartment in the pistol grip fits an Otis ripcord pretty easily.
The cheek weld for the iron sights is perfect. The stock feels more comfortable and natural than the OEM stock. All in all a pretty nice package.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:26 PM
cruzerbotz

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Looks like FedEx strikes again!!!!!! Notifications have been saying it is due for delivery by the end of today (Thursday). Just checked to see if it was actually "out for delivery". What????!!!!!!!!!! Was in Charlotte early this morning. Now, it has gone to Greensboro and on to Kernersville!!!! Won't be delivered until end of the day tomorrow. If they don't send it on to Timbuktu.......
Old 05-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Phineas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shot the takedown with the new backpacker stock today. No change in zero from the factory stock, and much better ergonomics. Totally worth the price.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:52 PM
BC42

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I went to the range today too. The stock is definitely better than the original.

I was also testing my tuning job (trigger and receiver) and some ammo. Aguila SE HV smells horrible. I'll have to save it for outdoor use and use it up fast. Otherwise, no malfunctions with this ammo in either 10/22 or G19 AA conversion. I was getting a few not going into battery with CCI SV.

Best group I got was 10 rds at 1.25" at 25yds with MiniMags. I was shooting fairly quickly and it wasn't bad for my old eyes and a red dot sight. The stock definitely helped too.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Johnny5

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC42 View Post
There is no channel to accommodate the optic mount on the backpacker forearm. I don't think it would work if you had a bull barrel as it would take up the space that would allow the optic mount.
This is incorrect. It is designed to fit tapered and bull barrels. It replaces the barrel locking mechanism and bolts direct to underside of barrel with 2 allen head screws.

Late to the party. Got my stock swapped over. Love it. It is what I wanted from the get go for a survival styled rifle.

I am waiting on a Burris Fastfire 3 to mount on it. I got in on that buy one get one burris optic deal.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:49 PM
BC42

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I stand corrected

I only have a tapered barrel and looking at the optics mount, I ASSumed that there wouldn't be enough room for the mount to wrap around a .920" barrel and fit in the channel of the forearm.

Poking around the interwebz, I found this pic...

Old 05-12-2017, 08:42 PM
BC42

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bud's gun shop has the X22 Backpacker back in stock but for $85 + $10 shipping. Still a great price.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...STK+1022TD+BLK
Old 05-12-2017, 11:50 PM
Engineer
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brownells has the Backpacker for $90.47 and promo code "MAY" gets you free shipping.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:14 AM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Ordered

Saw the brownells deal, got one coming last night. Going to need another takedown.

Now I need to find a float sock that fits it or can be made to fit it. Going to be a boat rifle extraordinaire.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:40 PM
Raeth

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My backpacker and scope mount showed up the other day and I just moved my takedown + Fastfire III over. Since the optic is pretty exposed when taken down, I replaced the mount with the version having protective "wings" on it for a little peace of mind.

At some point I'll remove the receiver rail, but I need to find the flush fitting screws first.

Old 05-17-2017, 10:32 AM
Johnny5

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rifle looks good! What version has protective wings? I guess I am not familiar with what you are talking about. Take some close up pictures if you don't mind. Also what barrel is that on your rifle? I am currently exploring bull barrel options for upgrade and your rifle looks pretty sharp. With bull barrel you lose iron sights though correct? That could be a deal breaker for me, but not sure.

Thanks,

John

PS- I was lucky to still have the flush mount screws that came with the rifle. I had em hidden in a bag at bottom of TD bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeth View Post
My backpacker and scope mount showed up the other day and I just moved my takedown + Fastfire III over. Since the optic is pretty exposed when taken down, I replaced the mount with the version having protective "wings" on it for a little peace of mind.

At some point I'll remove the receiver rail, but I need to find the flush fitting screws first.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:33 PM
BC42

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think he's talking about the mount for his FF3. There's an optional mount with side plates for protection.

I've been looking for a bull barrel too. The Tactical Solutions Xring barrel comes with a fiber front sight and regular rear sight. Best price I've found was from RSC.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Johnny5

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh gotcha! Thanks BC42! :beer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC42 View Post
I think he's talking about the mount for his FF3. There's an optional mount with side plates for protection.

I've been looking for a bull barrel too. The Tactical Solutions Xring barrel comes with a fiber front sight and regular rear sight. Best price I've found was from RSC.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:10 PM
Raeth

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry for the delay - went straight from work to see a movie with my boys. BC42 is exactly right - it's a replacement picatinny mount for the Fastfire III that includes steel side shields to protect the optic. Below are a few pics as requested.

The bull barrel is a Liberty Pinnacle-2 integrally suppressed barrel.

Hope that helps!

-bob

Old 05-19-2017, 06:34 AM
cwlongshot

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raeth View Post
Sorry for the delay - went straight from work to see a movie with my boys. BC42 is exactly right - it's a replacement picatinny mount for the Fastfire III that includes steel side shields to protect the optic. Below are a few pics as requested.

The bull barrel is a Liberty Pinnacle-2 integrally suppressed barrel.

Hope that helps!

-bob

THANK YOU or the great pics!!

CW