Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:21 AM
Johnny5

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC42 View Post
Where did you order from?

My order status hasn't changed from Bud's.
Ordered direct from Magpul
Old 04-25-2017, 04:48 PM
BC42

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Picked up my TD today. Looks like the bolt is polished in the areas where it rides in the receiver. I just installed a PA MD06L red dot I had kicking around and adjusted the td knob. Stock should be here tomorrow.

I also installed a Geissele SDC trigger in my AR

Last edited by BC42; 04-26-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:25 AM
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looking forward to the review!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2017, 05:44 PM
BC42

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looks like a delay by FedEx. Hopefully tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:09 PM
ncbowhnter

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Mine was supposed to be here today as well but I knew that wasn't going to happen when I tracked it this morning and it was 3 states away. At least it's in my home state now so I should have mine tomorrow too.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:15 AM
cruzerbotz

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Brownells now shows the black ones In Stock. Was hoping the other colors would appear quickly.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:11 PM
BC42

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Magpul usually releases different colors weeks or months after black is released.

I just received my black stock today. It was easy to install. I was a bit confused with the forend. Apparently, the stock tapered barrel floats in the channel about 1/8" off the stock and a dime sized standoff the barrel sits on. I thought it was fitted. With a bull barrel, you take out the standoff so it sits flush inside the channel. The overall fit and finish is MUCH better than the Ruger stock with everything lining up perfectly. Removing the barrel is easier with the square-ish forend. I like the grip much better too. It feels very comfortable and solid.

I think this is a much better stock than the original in every respect and highly recommended.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:14 PM
radyoactive

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That looks sweet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2017, 07:17 PM
BC42

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks!

I had some more time to fondle ... er... handle the stock and I'm more impressed with it. It's much more comfortable and feels more solid than the Ruger stock. The compartment that holds 3 10rd magazines are snug and mags don't rattle around in there at all. I thought it would be loose and didn't really plan on using it but now that I know they fit snug, I'll probably have a few mags in there. The grip storage is well designed. I'm not sure what I'll put in there, if anything. Maybe some tools?

The whole rifle fits in the stock compartment in the Ruger bag.

I color filled the logo in the stock

Old 04-27-2017, 07:22 PM
ncbowhnter

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
I'm really liking mine a lot too! This is a nice lil package
Old 04-27-2017, 07:50 PM
Nerostarr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
BC42 Thank you for posting pics and your overall feelings about the Backpacker, much appreciated.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:28 PM
pcisme
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You guys have got to stop playing this up, they'll raise the price! Just kidding, glad it's working out so good. Only thing for me, I'd have to give up my laser on the end of the factory stock. Hmm, decisions decisions, lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2017, 10:56 PM
BC42

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think those of us that got the deal from Bud's gun shop got really lucky. The invoice shows it drop shipped from Crow Shooting Supply and I'm guessing it was their invoice price which is why Bud's took it down so fast.

I went to the range yesterday with the stock 10/22, AR and G19 Advantage Arms 22lr conversion kit. The 10/22 was fun to shoot but the stock was not that comfortable. It didn't feel solid on my shoulder. Luckily, it's just a 22lr so it didn't really matter much. It ate up the ammo that was malfunctioning on my G19 AA kit. Did I mention I was buying any type of 22lr I could find and most didn't work on my G19? That's the main reason I got the 10/22. So I have something to shoot all the ammo that didn't work . Well, that and I needed a reason to get a 10/22. It was nice to have the right ammo for my G19 and be able to practice double taps. My AR with the new Geissele SDC trigger was awesome. No one notices double taps with a 22lr but when someone does it with an AR, it gets some attention. After my first one, the RO came over and thought my AR malfunctioned, it was that fast. Now I see why all those tacti-cool guys rave about the Geissele triggers. I was a bit skeptical but ordered one on sale thinking I could sell it for what I got it for if I didn't like it. I already had an ALG ACT trigger but the SDC is SO much better. Needless to say, I had a great range day.

The X22 Backpacker has a much better grip on my shoulder like both my Magpul stocks on my ARs and the 60 grip angle feels much better. I installed the higher cheek weld attachment and it's very comfortable looking thru my red dot. I really can't think of any negatives about the X22 Backpacker at all. Knowing what I know now, I would've paid twice the price for it. It's that much better than the Ruger stock. I originally wanted the Stealth Gray stock but I jumped on the Bud's deal. Now I'm looking for a bull barrel and the new TacSol Xring bull barrel is in the lead. Black or Silver?
Old 04-29-2017, 09:23 AM
Borsig

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Does anyone know if the optic mount comes with all the hardware or do you have to strip yours from the locking block?

Is the backpacker fore arm specially inletted for that mount, or will it fit on the other magpul hunter, oem etc?
Old 04-29-2017, 10:35 AM
OK22

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I talked to Magpul customer service. They told me that the backpacker optic mount did not come with the mounting and latching hardware. You will have to transfer the mounting screws, spring, locking plunger detent, locking plunger, and locking lever from your existing locking block. They also said that the backpacker forearm did not have a special inlet to receive the optics mount, that there was enough clearance in the Barrel channel to accommodate the optics mount. Unsure if it will fit the Hunter. My backpacker is on Order so I can't verify, but that is what I was told.