X-22 Backpacker stock for Takedowns - Page 11 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:05 PM
Knilc
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I got mine today. I'm getting a small gap behind the Receiver as well as some protrusion of the metal just forward of the magazine. Not a big deal for me. Gunna take it to the range tomorrow.

UPDATE

I decided not to go to the range today.

Last edited by Knilc; 07-21-2017 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Information Update
Old 08-26-2017, 07:11 PM
richiecotite

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just got my OD green in and installed today. So far it looks awesome and seems to give a good cheekweld wig iron sights.

Only issue is the forearm is too wide for the standard profile barrel and there's a fair amount of play. I guess it won't cause much issue, but that's the only downside I see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2017, 09:49 AM
BillMelater

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ordered my x-22 backpacker stock today from Optics Planet $103 w/free delivery and they have all 4 colors in stock. I have ordered scopes from Optics Planet in the past and they are a good company to deal with and with each order I received a coupon for 20% off my next purchase. I am in no way employed by or related to them just passing along my good experience with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2017, 04:38 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMelater View Post
Ordered my x-22 backpacker stock today from Optics Planet $103 w/free delivery and they have all 4 colors in stock. I have ordered scopes from Optics Planet in the past and they are a good company to deal with and with each order I received a coupon for 20% off my next purchase. I am in no way employed by or related to them just passing along my good experience with them.

That's odd, I buy stuff from Optics Planet all the time and I only get 5% off my next purchase (which they offer anyway)
Old 08-28-2017, 07:40 AM
BillMelater

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
That's odd, I buy stuff from Optics Planet all the time and I only get 5% off my next purchase (which they offer anyway)
My last order to optics planet was around $1500. (I was ordering for myself and 2 other friends). Maybe because it was such a large order that they gave me a coded number for 20% off on my next order. I do remember I had to order within 30 days.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:27 PM
jomopdx
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question Did you use a thread cutter for these stud adapters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weblance View Post
I found the solution. Grovtec makes Uncle Mikes style studs click to see that fit the push button type sling cups. You press the button with an allen wrench, and they lock in. BRILLIANT. They also make adapters that go the other way click to see hunting style stud to quick detach. I ordered the first type, and should have them soon.
Did you use a tap for threading the holes for the adapters? I found one on Amazon for $7 so no big expense in doing it but I'm curious if it is necessary. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2017, 12:20 AM
weblance

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomopdx View Post
Did you use a tap for threading the holes for the adapters? I found one on Amazon for $7 so no big expense in doing it but I'm curious if it is necessary. Thanks!
No. I used the Magpul cups
Old 08-29-2017, 01:03 PM
Gilliand

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Problem with barrel alignment

First of all, hello everyone!

I have a problem with X-22 Backpacker I didn't have with original stock (due to barrel band).

After a shooting session I noticed barrel is not aligned in a forearm correctly - almost touching one side. I tightened the screw, but I still was able to move barrel sideways in the forearm.

I'm not sure what's the correct name of the block on which the barrel rests in TD model (the one with the locking lever in it), but the barrel isn't completely fixed on it and there is slight sideways movement, which is causing this misalignment. In factory stock it's prevented by the barrel band, but X-22 Backpacker doesn't have it.

Any ideas how to fix it?

P.S. Sorry if it was mentioned somewhere else in the forum, but I don't know the name of the part in question, so I didn't know how to phrase the search
Old 08-29-2017, 04:25 PM
BC42

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sounds like the locking block is loose.

Take the Magpul forearm off.
Pull the lever for the takedown out. It's held by a spring loaded ball so just grab it and pull straight out. Make sure you cover the lock part. It's not under a lot of tension but it might shoot out. When you pull out the lock part, you'll see an allen head that holds the block to the barrel. Tighten that and you should be good.

My barrel sits perfectly centered in the forearm and doesn't move at all.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:52 PM
richiecotite

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC42 View Post
Sounds like the locking block is loose.

Take the Magpul forearm off.
Pull the lever for the takedown out. It's held by a spring loaded ball so just grab it and pull straight out. Make sure you cover the lock part. It's not under a lot of tension but it might shoot out. When you pull out the lock part, you'll see an allen head that holds the block to the barrel. Tighten that and you should be good.

My barrel sits perfectly centered in the forearm and doesn't move at all.

Thank you tremendously for posting this, I just did it to mine and now the barrel doesn't move at all in the forearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2017, 01:30 AM
Gilliand

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That worked for me as well - thank you!
Old 09-02-2017, 06:16 AM
RobertsFirearms
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I absolutely love this stock for the 10/22TD. If you have the 10/22TD you gotta get this stock. Ruger should commision Magpul to sell these with the MagPul on them from the factory! A Must Buy!
Old 09-11-2017, 09:05 PM
handlebar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Here is my TD with Backpacker stock and TacSol SB-x barrel. Very accurate and quiet with my suppressor.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:16 PM
ElrodCod
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Prior to seeing the Backpacker stock I hadn't even considered buying a 10/22 TD. Now that I've had the gun a few weeks I find myself drawn to the more tradition lines of the Hogue TD stock. If Magpul ever makes a more traditional and less "tacticool" TD stock I'd be all over it. Another option is a reworked carbine stock. In the meantime I'll make do with the factory plastic stock until I decide which way to go.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Boyd's has some stocks for the TD that you might find more traditional.