Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:41 AM
jstanfield103
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Bolt Stop & Magazine Disconnect

I recently picked up a Mark IV Hunter and last week a Mark IV Tactical. In watching YouTube video's I've noticed that several of the videos are using the newer style Bolt Stop as a bolt release. They are complaining at first how stiff they are. A lot of these guy's are well versed in guns. Long time evaluators and I really like all the videos they have ever done.

In the past the Mark series bolt stop has been just that a bolt stop and you are suppose to sling shot the bolt closed. Not use the bolt stop. If the bolt stop was used that could wear and eventually stop working to hold the bolt open on last shot.

I look in the owners manual and it is still calling it a Bolt Stop and not a stop/release. So has Ruger changed their mind on this and or have the changed it so it will not wear the stop out using it as a release.

On the second point I have replaced my magazine disconnect with the TK "Blast Shield" Magazine Disconnect Replacement for Ruger MKIV/MKI/22/45. I have to say I really like the Blast Shield that TK makes. But when I bought the 22/45 Tactical I noticed the magazine disconnect looks exactly like the TK blast shield. So has anyone taken the Ruger Disconnect out and modified it so it would work like the TK Blast Shield ?

Seems like it would be easily done. Another just wondering question.