Victory Trigger - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:56 AM
Rick59
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Victory Trigger

Has anyone tried the tandemkross victory trigger on a mk 4 ,is so how do you like it? Thinking about putting one on my Mk4 Hunter
Old 04-18-2019, 10:01 AM
bob finger

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The search function can be your friend. There have been hundreds of threads on this subject over the past year or so.

That said, to answer your question the TandemKross Victory trigger can be an excellent replacement for the Ruger factory trigger. bob
Old 04-18-2019, 10:50 AM
Joe A.
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've searched a lot on the internet and Utube for information about the Tandemkross Victory trigger for the Mark IV. From my understanding, the addition of the Victory trigger (with no other modification) in a Mari IV reduces the trigger pull weight by approximately 1#. Is that true? It also reduces the pre travel and and over travel.

My question is, the amount of the trigger pull, not including the pre travel and over travel, is that amount of movement reduced? I'm referring to the movement once the pre travel is taken up and the pull weight of the trigger to trip the hammer is met to actually tripping the hammer, is that movement reduced also? Hope I've made my question clear.

Thanks

Joe

Old 04-18-2019, 04:26 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The set screw adjustment up front allows the pre-travel to be taken out. I don't know about the trigger itself dropping pull weight by 1lb though. The ability to pull from the bottom of the trigger might do so though. Just the same as pull testing triggers with the scale on the bottom tip of the trigger vs. in the middle. I put one on my Brother in law's Buckmark. Pull was the same with either trigger. It has a good feel, but it pushes the length out there a bit much for my reach. Thought about it on this last 22/45, and then just ordered a VQ trigger for it. At that point, I had all of the other trigger job guts in it except that piece.

AZShooter here has one on a MKIV 22/45 and loves it. The travel adjustments alone are worth getting one to me. Really appreciate that after shooting the factory trigger (even with the sear/hammer/springs) for the last few weeks.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:13 AM
Rick59

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks,Just ordered one .Can't stand the factory trigger
Old 04-22-2019, 02:41 PM
Rick59

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got it on Saturday,Installation was a breeze,although when i yanked the trigger out the plunger spring took flight but luckily I recovered it quickly,The pre travel adjustment definetely helps as far pull weight goes it feels a bit lighter. Much better than the factory.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:49 PM
bob finger

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Rick: Good to hear you like the TK trigger.

If you want to go further install the VQ kit that replaces the sear, sear spring , trigger bar and the plunger parts that flew out on you. Of the many Ruger MK IV's I have done the improvement is noticeable. You can buy it from TK without the VQ trigger in the kit. My preference. bob

ps put blue locktite on the trigger adjustment screws. If the pre travel screw moves you might put the gun in a failure to reset mode. Frustrating when it happens. I won't bother telling you how I learned that.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:32 AM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe A.
My question is, the amount of the trigger pull, not including the pre travel and over travel, is that amount of movement reduced? I'm referring to the movement once the pre travel is taken up and the pull weight of the trigger to trip the hammer is met to actually tripping the hammer, is that movement reduced also? Hope I've made my question clear.

Thanks

Joe
There's nothing magic about a trigger. They're simple levers only. If they reduce pull weight by having your finger further from the pivot pin, they increase the distance you have to pull before the sear releases. That's the tradeoff of changing triggers.

If you have excessive creep, reducing the overlap of the hammer notch and sear is the solution. Having a gunsmith do the work for you is recommended for keeping the gun safe and reliable.

That said, I reduced the hammer shelf on my MKIII and the sear ledge on my MKII. Both methods can work well, but they have pitfalls if you don't understand all of the subtle implications. I had to replace the first sear I modified after the "breakaway angle" (recommended by one forum gunsmith) degraded to lack reliable function. It probably would have been okay if I could have re-case-hardened the modified area. But instead I developed a different mod for the replacement sear to kill the creep.

Both pistols now have awesome creep-free triggers.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:46 PM
Rick59

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob finger View Post
Rick: Good to hear you like the TK trigger.

If you want to go further install the VQ kit that replaces the sear, sear spring , trigger bar and the plunger parts that flew out on you. Of the many Ruger MK IV's I have done the improvement is noticeable. You can buy it from TK without the VQ trigger in the kit. My preference. bob

ps put blue locktite on the trigger adjustment screws. If the pre travel screw moves you might put the gun in a failure to reset mode. Frustrating when it happens. I won't bother telling you how I learned that.
Got it on the loctite ,already done,As far a the VQ kit goes that's next for sure as well as the VQ firing pin and extractor swap.