Volquartsen trigger job - worth it? - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-17-2019, 05:17 PM
CaptKillingfield

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Hey guys. After installing a VQ Sear & Trigger in my '69 Standard, I noticed quite a bit of trigger creep. The pull was light, the break was clean, but the creep was so long, that I could two-stage it.
Then I realized what I was missing: lube.
Today I went to my LGS, and picked up some HOPPE'S 9 Black HP Gun Grease. Comes in an injector tube, making it easy to apply in small tight areas.
I applied it to the sear and recoil spring, as well as the bottom of the bolt. The entire thing runs smooth as butter now, and all PERCIEVED creep is entirely gone. The great thing is that unlike gun oils, grease will not slough off or dry up.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:13 PM
druryj

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaBing11 View Post
Thanks for the insight. There’s really nothing to lose by messing with the existing parts by polishing some. I like to tinker so I’ll give it a go. I could use the $100 .

Actually, there’s a lot to lose if you go messing with it and take off too much. Your call, but the VQ kit took care of it for me and my gun is still safe and functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2019, 09:33 PM
BadaBing11
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by druryj View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the insight. There’s really nothing to lose by messing with the existing parts by polishing some. I like to tinker so I’ll give it a go. I could use the $100 .

Actually, there’s a lot to lose if you go messing with it and take off too much. Your call, but the VQ kit took care of it for me and my gun is still safe and functional.

Not so much to lose when your best friend is a gun smith. Even so we couldn’t come close to getting it as good as the VQ kit.

Read post 22. My trigger is settling in at 1lb 2 oz with the VQ kit. And yes it is safe.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:35 PM
smithpa68

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Worth it!!!!

Old 06-09-2019, 05:45 PM
Theo98
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Well, I installed the Volquartsen accurizing kit with the TandemKross trigger in my Mark IV Hunter.

Before heading to the range, my buddy measured the trigger pull with his electronic measurement gauge. The average for five pulls was 1lb 3 oz! No creep, no overtravel. It does need a little pre travel to reset, but it is very minimal.

...I couldn't be happier.
BB11,

A year ago, did very similar accurizing to my new MKIV Hunter, and had equal results...see HERE! Only real difference, my MkIV had an out-of-the-box pull weight of 5.25#!!!

The TK Victory trigger + a VQ Sear and DC (still using the Ruger hammer) got me down to a crisp and smooth 18oz break (20oz with pull in middle of serrated TK trigger), with a total travel of just 3\32"...Sweet!!!

Ted