Need .22 cal. Scoring Gauge - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:21 AM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Need .22 cal. Scoring Gauge

Don't know if this is posted in the right place, but I'm looking for a .22 cal. scoring gauge to accurately score my targets. I'm hoping to find a gauge that has the magnifier attached and the "loose" spring handle to facilitate insertion into the bullet hole without causing any distortion to the hole. Used to find these all over the place MANY years ago when I did competitive smallbore shooting. I've not entered any of the online/postal competitions yet, but want to be able to get an accurate score of my targets for my own edification. Any suggestions, please?
Old 02-18-2018, 10:23 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
LMGTFY...

http://www.champchoice.com/store/Mai...yBody&c=RASGSG

Old 02-18-2018, 10:47 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
I think the OP is talking about the old RIG scoring guage with the little yellow tab on top, these are no longer being made and hard to find, although I got a couple of them by posting WTB ads on several gun sites a couple of years ago.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:51 AM
vet6771

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
I think the OP is talking about the old RIG scoring guage with the little yellow tab on top, these are no longer being made and hard to find, although I got a couple of them by posting WTB ads on several gun sites a couple of years ago.
That's exactly what I was looking for. We used to call them "cheaters" when I shot on my high school team in the early 60's. What do people use to score competitive targets nowadays? It's been over 40 years since I shot smallbore in competition. My how the world has changed.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:08 AM
vet6771

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Thanks for the website. I'm having a hard time getting my head around $17 shipping charge for a $10 item that is a couple of inches long and probably weighs in at 2 oz.

Somehow, even if the net would be the same, a $2 shipping charge on a $25 item would seem more palatable. I guess I'll just have to decide if I'm willing to bite that bullet - pun intended.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:59 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
PM sent, Vet.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:19 PM
FuzzyVision

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you're still searching, this on line retailer shows flat rate shipping for this item at $10.

http://www.theshootersbox.com/EZ-Sco...5_p_13941.html
Old 04-04-2018, 02:02 PM
USMCDOC
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
https://www.killoughshootingsports.c...-supplies.html
Old 07-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Bob4BVM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vet6771 View Post
Thanks for the website. I'm having a hard time getting my head around $17 shipping charge for a $10 item that is a couple of inches long and probably weighs in at 2 oz.

Somehow, even if the net would be the same, a $2 shipping charge on a $25 item would seem more palatable. I guess I'll just have to decide if I'm willing to bite that bullet - pun intended.
I hear you there !
Don't know how many times I stopped an order when it got to the shipping charges..
A bit ago I tried to by a single small $4.00 spring that could have gone into an envelope with a 50-cent stamp. They insisted on an $8.50 shipping charge. Deal over !
Old 07-17-2018, 10:43 AM
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob4BVM View Post
I hear you there !
Don't know how many times I stopped an order when it got to the shipping charges..
A bit ago I tried to by a single small $4.00 spring that could have gone into an envelope with a 50-cent stamp. They insisted on an $8.50 shipping charge. Deal over !

It's been some time now, and I've forgotten what the item was and who the vendor was. But I did once find myself in the same situation for an internet order, and called the vendor, who agreed to mail the part in a padded envelope for a buck or so. So maybe it's worth a call.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:45 AM
langenc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For a gauge without the magnifier and the rip off shipping fee try Hughes Pecision Products, Im sure they have a website.

Jerry used to shoot w/ us and gave away many of these gauges and for the Memorial shoot would have a couple 'sets' in the drawing. Set is one each from 17 to 45 cal or so in a nice wooden box.