Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:43 PM
SGW Gunsmith
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStacy View Post
SGW what happened to your picture? Did the forces of darkness have it removed ,so this knowledge could not be shared with mere mortals?
No, I have a much HIGHER security level than the "forces of darkness".
Old 09-17-2016, 01:47 PM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStacy View Post
SGW what happened to your picture? Did the forces of darkness have it removed ,so this knowledge could not be shared with mere mortals?
Could be! Quick, print it out before it disappears like some of those 33,000 emails did.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:39 PM
ekaphoto

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
found this on mk3 section

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=764121
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2016, 06:28 AM
OneMini

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test_Engineer View Post
It looks like #82 is just a pivot pin for the bolt stop pin. It would allow the stop pin to tip a bit forward to align with the receiver as it rotates down. I'm guessing the main spring would be fitted into the frame, rather than be contained in a separate housing.

Maybe the trigger shoe/spring is to prevent the upper part of the trigger from moving rearward unless your finger is actually pulling on the lower portion? Another "safety" of sorts.

Interesting design though.
Here's my series of (uninformed) guesses:

1. There's no safety like we know and don't love on the previous Mk pistols. There is some kind of trigger safety ala' Glock and other striker fired designs.

2. #82 is indeed a hinge pin for the bolt stop pin. The bsp is released by those latch button thingies on rear sides of the grip frame.

3. The bsp is notched on its forward face so as to engage some sort of locking lug on the top side of the receiver. It is held in place by spring tension or a mechanical linkage.

Disclaimer: My wife often says she married an idiot. Draw your own conclusions.
Old 09-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Hatchetjoe
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I was on the Phone today, for a fact the KM II is no more and a MK IV is in coming, no pictures yet. No one said the Sn was moving off the top so it remains to be seen if the BBLs will be easily swapped.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:50 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Better YET............

Here's a video or 3) of the ~NEW~ Ruger Mark IV:

http://www.guns.com/2016/09/22/newes...ark-iv-videos/

Also interesting will be the availability of an "ALUMINUM" grip frame version. Wonder if that (hopefully) will replace the plastic grip frame?

Last edited by SGW Gunsmith; 09-23-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:18 AM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's on Ruger's website now. They show the Mark IV Target with a black anodized frame, and a stainless model. One Mark IV Hunter model in stainless only. The Mark III is still there, but I doubt it will be long.

One thing I noticed is that it still has a mag safety, but they also say the mags drop free when released. I could live with that, and no apparent LCI either. Only kick I see is it's a little pricey. The Victory will still be a good bang for the buck, although the Mark IV will probably (?) be a better gun.

Myself, I'm sticking to revolvers.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:53 AM
jason_garvin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am impressed thanks for sharing. It will be interesting to see how the receiver is held to the frame. All the original marks where pinned at the rear was a good design for strength. I think Ruger has done well and listened to the customer on this one, I noticed the warnings were moved to the bottom of the barrel also, wonder when they start shipping?

Jason Garvin

Old 09-23-2016, 12:42 PM
1bdvet
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What I like is that mag release is also for lefties and tear down just push buttons.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:28 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
Pretty slick

http://ruger.com/products/markIVTarget/models.html
Old 09-23-2016, 03:34 PM
F14Chief
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
Here's a video or 3) of the ~NEW~ Ruger Mark IV:

http://www.guns.com/2016/09/22/newes...ark-iv-videos/

Also interesting will be the availability of an "ALUMINUM" grip frame version. Wonder if that (hopefully) will replace the plastic grip frame?
I sincerely hope that the polymer frame goes away. I like the 22/45 design but it would be much more desired by me in an aluminum version. I also would like a steel frame option in the blued guns.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:21 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Talked with the folks at the LGS this afternoon, no Mk IV's and none ordered, they got caught with a BIG supply of Mk III's, Mk III 22/45's and their understanding is the Mk III is going away. So they've marked them down and when they get the "on hand" supply down they'll order in the Mk IV's. I think they'll have a hard time moving the Mk III's with everyone else selling the Mk IV's, only time will tell.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:43 PM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F14Chief View Post
I sincerely hope that the polymer frame goes away. I like the 22/45 design but it would be much more desired by me in an aluminum version. I also would like a steel frame option in the blued guns.
Well Chief, I'm with you on that hope. I do own a couple of Zytel grip frame Rugers, only because it's buried deeply somewhere in my "make-up" to test the thunder out of these pistols to see where, and if, any future issues may crop up and how I would go about fixing those issues for cherished customers. The only way I can do that is to have those pistols on hand to experiment with. Others do some of the very same types of experimenting, but it still befuddles me when I meet a "software engineer" who thinks there's a much better way to do things than the "degreed mechanical engineers" at Ruger who deal with and design these pistols every day.

I already have methods in mind on how to fix any elongated pin holes, should they arise, and hopefully they won't, but I do have a means that I know will work.

This new Ruger Mark pistol, as you now know, will indeed be available with an aluminum grip frame. BRAVO! Ruger! I really do believe Ruger does sneak on board RFC just to find out how the more savvy Ruger pistol owners on RFC, or at least those with more than 3 posts, view how their pistols perform.

The future looks very bright for those of us who prefer the steel grip frame pistols, and for those who feel an aluminum grip frame will serve the needs for those requirements.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:57 PM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetjoe View Post
I was on the Phone today, for a fact the KM II is no more and a MK IV is in coming, no pictures yet. No one said the Sn was moving off the top so it remains to be seen if the BBLs will be easily swapped.
The Mark II pistols have been discontinued as of 2005, so that news is a little late. It now looks like the Ruger Mark IV will push the Mark III pistols into retirement, or at least off the Ruger web-site shortly. Look into what's going on in the Ruger Mark III forum considering what the interest in the Ruger Mark IV seems to be offering.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:13 PM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Here's my first post about this version from the Ruger Mark II forum.

While this is a "patent drawing" only, it does depict an interesting trigger design. sure would have liked to see that on the actual production models, if only to see how it works.

Also am curious to see which magazines the Ruger Mark IV will be using.