Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:19 AM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Charles Daily Trap

My father-in-law would like me to help him sell this trap gun and I have been away from shotguns for so long I am not sure on the value. The only ones I have bumped into over the last 6 months or so have been in the $1100-1300 Range but I am not sure this is the same model. I think this is a Superior grade, anybody know for sure? Suggestion on price would also be appreciated. I know these are virtually the same as the Browning Citori, Win. 101 and Anschutz all made by Miroku.

This is a trap with full/IM chokes, 30" barrels and selector. Very good condition with normal handling marks and minimal bluing wear.

I know some of you guys are serious shotgun people as well as rimfire so I'm sure my questions can get answered on RFC. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180428_072810.jpg (531.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20180428_072827.jpg (542.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20180428_072844.jpg (558.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-08-2018, 08:35 PM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
grg, that is a Superior grade Charles Daly. It is NOT the same as a Win. 101; those made by a dif. mfg. altogether. I can't speak to the Anschutz as I have no knowledge of their shotguns or who may have made any w/their name embossed. Your FIL's gun was made by B. C. Miroku in Japan. They presently make Browning's, but Citori's are not quite the same guns. Similar, but evolved. FWIW, fixed chokes are not in vogue just now; screw-ins and longer bbl.'s are.

As to value; PM me and I'll try to assist you best I can, if you still have it. There is a lot more to evaluating a double gun's condition than pics alone; I'd be happy to share that w/you.

I near never visit this part of RFC, otherwise I would have responded sooner.

Last edited by wookness; 11-08-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:09 PM
JEE
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (67)
If you do sell here, please use TPC.
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Ferox34
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Check....

.the auction archives on GunBroker for closed sales to get a idea of value. I had 2 Charles Daly O/U skeet guns in the past, Superior Grade, like yours just shorter...26"...barrels and skeet choked of course. Very nice guns, shot well, better guns than I was a shooter.

GLWS.

Ferox34
Old 11-08-2018, 09:33 PM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Thanks guys but shotgun is long gone. I have recently seen a few more similar priced right about where he sold it so we are happy. Thanks again.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:34 PM
alro41
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I currently shoot these guns. Although they are similar to the older Citori's, they are of lighter build. That's why I like them. I've got both the Miroku branded gun and the Charles Daly version. There are differences between them and parts are hard to find, mainly firing pins and springs, which are leaf type. I haven't checked Gunbroker recently, but I wouldn't pay over $1,000 (more like $750 -900) , because of finding parts and I really like them. Also, the barrels are too thin to have chokes installed.