New PGO Shotguns - MOSSBERG! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:54 PM
fflincher
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New PGO Shotguns - MOSSBERG!

Some time ago I wrote here reporting information that lead me to believe the end of legally available pistol gripped shotguns in the USA was nigh.

I was wrong.

Here's what's relatively new.

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590-shockwave/

590® Shockwave
This 12GA offers legendary Mossberg pump-action reliability in a compact 14” barreled package.

The Shockwave Raptor bird’s head pistol grip is uniquely shaped to minimize felt recoil. Includes all the features that have made Mossberg pump-actions the choice for millions worldwide: ambidextrous safety, dual extractors, positive steel-to-steel lockup, twin action bars, and a smooth operating anti-jam elevator.

Classified as fully-compliant by the BATFE, this model requires no Tax Stamp for transfers.

Even better:

http://www.mossberg.com/category/ser...t-cruiser-aow/

Compact Cruiser® AOW
The Next Generation of Sub-Compact Pump-Action AOW Firearms

The new Compact Cruisers from Mossberg offer the features that have made Mossberg pump-actions the choice for millions worldwide. Ambidextorus safety, dual extractors, positive steel-to-steel lockup, dual extractors and anti-jam elevator ensure long term durability and reliable operation.

Understand these are really selling for less than $500, if you can find one.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:53 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fflincher View Post
Need a drum mag for that 3 rd bad boy.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:21 AM
TT92
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Well, of course the Compact Cruiser is an AOW, requiring the usual NFA paperwork and long wait, but at least the stamp is only five bucks.

I have a registered SBS Remington 870 with 12.5" barrel. I dig it, very fun to shoot. These Mossberg options were not available when I built it, otherwise I might have gone a different route....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2017, 12:04 PM
DPris

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just be aware that the Shockwave may not be legal at the STATE level.

Currently trying to get a WRITTEN determination here in Utah, where state statutes appear to prohibit it under our short-barreled shotgun provisions. The agency that handles firearms issues like this is preliminarily saying they're considering it a handgun, but has not yet agreed to provide that in writing.

Approach with caution.
Denis
Old 03-16-2017, 03:59 PM
DPris

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Email from the State agency today.
They "will not offer any opinion on this firearm" on whether it's legal to possess or not.

Which leaves it up to a court to decide after somebody gets arrested with one.
Denis