Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Dcarey51
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I bought a SS Target model and it was spot on...till my wife discovered it...I just ordered another Target model in Blue because my wife commandeered the SS version...
Old 11-09-2018, 02:54 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
MINE ALSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcarey51 View Post
I bought a SS Target model and it was spot on...till my wife discovered it...I just ordered another Target model in Blue because my wife commandeered the SS version...
perfect out of the box, just the opposite with this new 6" MKIV standard. I just got a bad one, probably made on Friday or Monday !!
Old 11-09-2018, 03:06 PM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Question my pistol gone 1.5 weeks now,

haven`t heard from ruger in AZ. I called C/S , talked to a young lady that told me what was going on, but i don`t think she was sure WHAT she was telling me ! LOL. read note from gunsmith, repaired barrel, hum, crown, hum, maybe that is why it shot a 6" group ! dragging magazine, hum, said something about replacing grip frame or maybe repairing grip frame. i asked twice and i still am not sure. also replaced take down button pin, why i don't know, and replaced the magazine catch, probably the cause of dragging insertion and dropping of the magazine. she said gunsmith had not function fired it yet for accuracy, but that will be done and pistol will be shipped back to me ASAP with a work order, test target and name of ammo used to test it.OK, sit back and wait a little longer !! we shall see, good things come to people who wait .
Old 11-09-2018, 04:52 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon p View Post
...OK, sit back and wait a little longer !! we shall see, good things come to people who wait.
Especially those who have waited patiently with faith!!

Ted
Old 11-09-2018, 04:59 PM
CDR_Glock
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
haven`t heard from ruger in AZ. I called C/S , talked to a young lady that told me what was going on, but i don`t think she was sure WHAT she was telling me ! LOL. read note from gunsmith, repaired barrel, hum, crown, hum, maybe that is why it shot a 6" group ! dragging magazine, hum, said something about replacing grip frame or maybe repairing grip frame. i asked twice and i still am not sure. also replaced take down button pin, why i don't know, and replaced the magazine catch, probably the cause of dragging insertion and dropping of the magazine. she said gunsmith had not function fired it yet for accuracy, but that will be done and pistol will be shipped back to me ASAP with a work order, test target and name of ammo used to test it.OK, sit back and wait a little longer !! we shall see, good things come to people who wait .

Good news but it sounded like a mess of a gun to have all of that done to it.

BTW, what is the advantage in your experience with titanium firing pins? Because of your endorsement I bought a couple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-09-2018, 06:56 PM
baytree

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would have given it to a friend to shoot.. .dont tell him anything about it just have him shoot it... if he has same issue its probably the gun... if it shoots well for him... you may be the problem
Old 11-09-2018, 08:16 PM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
good thought, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytree View Post
I would have given it to a friend to shoot.. .dont tell him anything about it just have him shoot it... if he has same issue its probably the gun... if it shoots well for him... you may be the problem
I know my own shooting skills , when I shoot a new pistol from a solid 2 hand rest, 3 different types of good ammo at 15 yards and it will not group I kinda know something just might be wrong with the gun. LOL. I had 2 other tried and true hand guns with me that day, both did fine. I guess since Ruger said there was a problem with the crown , that could be a very good reason for lack of any accuracy. we shall see as soon as I get it back with their test target.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:28 PM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Angry maybe it was made on MONDAY / FRIDAY ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
Good news but it sounded like a mess of a gun to have all of that done to it.

BTW, what is the advantage in your experience with titanium firing pins? Because of your endorsement I bought a couple.

this is my first problem RUGER product in over 50 years, I guess after buying at least 40 new ruger guns my number was up. I agree, it had some problems, no sweat, ruger C/S is excellent. I am kind of surprised they did not replace the pistol, but I am glad they did not, since that would have resulted in it not being able to return directly to my home. all that FFL stuff to go through with a new serial number. as far as your question on the TK titanium firing pins, shooting it you really cannot tell any difference. with these ruger pistols with the "2 hole" firing pins that seem to want to break and damage the gun, I changed them out BEFORE that happened. the mfg makes all kinds of claims, probably true, but you will never notice any difference. I wanted to eliminate the breaking problem in the second hole. I read one guy had one break, really damaged the pistol , ruger ended up replacing the whole pistol. I am a believer in that old saying better safe than sorry.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:32 PM
CDR_Glock

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
this is my first problem RUGER product in over 50 years, I guess after buying at least 40 new ruger guns my number was up. I agree, it had some problems, no sweat, ruger C/S is excellent. I am kind of surprised they did not replace the pistol, but I am glad they did not, since that would have resulted in it not being able to return directly to my home. all that FFL stuff to go through with a new serial number. as far as your question on the TK titanium firing pins, shooting it you really cannot tell any difference. with these ruger pistols with the "2 hole" firing pins that seem to want to break and damage the gun, I changed them out BEFORE that happened. the mfg makes all kinds of claims, probably true, but you will never notice any difference. I wanted to eliminate the breaking problem in the second hole. I read one guy had one break, really damaged the pistol , ruger ended up replacing the whole pistol. I am a believer in that old saying better safe than sorry.

THAT could be an issue since my pistol is an NFA.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:47 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cool

Quote:
...I am a believer in that old saying better safe than sorry.
Same reason I changed my MkIV's OEM 2-hole firing pins out to the Very Light (only 1 gram) but Very strong Titanium FP'S!!

Pic displays drop-in AM components to achieve My desired action performances (Hunter-1.25#, 22\45 Lite-1.5#)...YMMV!

Ted
Old 11-10-2018, 09:05 AM
CDR_Glock

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo98 View Post
Same reason I changed my MkIV's OEM 2-hole firing pins out to the Very Light (only 1 gram) but Very strong Titanium FP'S!!

Pic displays drop-in AM components to achieve My desired action performances (Hunter-1.25#, 22\45 Lite-1.5#)...YMMV!

Ted

I ordered the TK extractor, also. I was having extraction issues on the first round for some reason. Iíll see if this fixes it.

Old 11-15-2018, 08:09 PM
jon p

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Talking my sick MKIV standard came home yesterday

from what was done to fix it, it was really a mess ! the gunsmith noted that he replaced bolt stop cross pin retainer, grip frame,grip frame lug/bumper ball, magazine latch/screw. items repaired, barrel .then it was fired 50 times with 2 different brands of ammo,zero malfunctions. pistol was targeted 10 rounds CCI std velocity 40 grain lead.15 yds bench rest, iron sights. accuracy is with in factory specs. I will say it SURE IS, target shows 10 shot group one small ragged hole, about 1/2 to 3/4". I am a happy camper to say the least ! my "patterns" to begin with were 10 shots with a good 6-8" spread , good ammo with a solid rest 2 hand hold at 15 yards. I will get it to the range ASAP, looks like it WILL BE A KEEPER now. I am not going to even change the grips or firing pin until I try it. when I clean it I will add my basket weave Altamont grips AND the TK titanium "one hole" firing pin. I have a optics rail, I think I will add a reflex style red dot I already have. my old eyes just do not work too well any more with irons ! this has been a good end to an un happy new pistol purchase, BRAVO RUGER C/S, you made me 100% happy !! handled well, very professional , and didn`t cost me one penny. they even included a free yellow Ruger polishing cloth in the package.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:15 PM
CDR_Glock

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
from what was done to fix it, it was really a mess ! the gunsmith noted that he replaced bolt stop cross pin retainer, grip frame,grip frame lug/bumper ball, magazine latch/screw. items repaired, barrel .then it was fired 50 times with 2 different brands of ammo,zero malfunctions. pistol was targeted 10 rounds CCI std velocity 40 grain lead.15 yds bench rest, iron sights. accuracy is with in factory specs. I will say it SURE IS, target shows 10 shot group one small ragged hole, about 1/2 to 3/4". I am a happy camper to say the least ! my "patterns" to begin with were 10 shots with a good 6-8" spread , good ammo with a solid rest 2 hand hold at 15 yards. I will get it to the range ASAP, looks like it WILL BE A KEEPER now. I am not going to even change the grips or firing pin until I try it. when I clean it I will add my basket weave Altamont grips AND the TK titanium "one hole" firing pin. I have a optics rail, I think I will add a reflex style red dot I already have. my old eyes just do not work too well any more with irons ! this has been a good end to an un happy new pistol purchase, BRAVO RUGER C/S, you made me 100% happy !! handled well, very professional , and didn`t cost me one penny. they even included a free yellow Ruger polishing cloth in the package.

Congratulations. Thanks for the update.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:44 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking

Quote:
Good News, Jon!!

Sure we'll know soon enough how it shoots...from You!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Ted
Old 11-16-2018, 10:09 AM
Bill T

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had a Mark II Standard I bought new that broke after about 80 rounds. (The trigger wouldn't reset). It was this Bill Ruger NRA Commemorative That I purchased from Davidson's.

So they replaced it free of charge in less than 24 hours. That really sold me on their Lifetime Free Replacement Warranty. A new gun in a day sure beats a repaired one you have to wait weeks for.