Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:32 PM
SGW Gunsmith
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
A New Ruger Mark Pistol...............

or, is this just the means to protect the patent on a ~NEW~ concept gun?

Rumors have indeed been circling around the "water cooler" here at Sarona Gun Works LLC concerning a new type .22 rimfire pistol in the works at Ruger. If this might be the candidate, the LCI still looks to be part of the plan.

Last edited by SGW Gunsmith; 09-17-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:24 PM
JStacy

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Interesting looking trigger ?
Old 09-14-2016, 07:03 PM
dingode
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Definitely a step in the right direction! Looks like the difficulty some have with breakdown and assembly would be fixed. Get rid of the LCI and safety trigger though.

Hopefully, if this is a project Ruger is working on, they'll serialize the frame and not the upper. From the looks no other generation MK upper or frame would work on it so no worries about unserialized guns.

If they release something like this I'd buy it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2016, 07:04 AM
HIghstandardguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Trunnion looks a little wimpy to me when compared to the current lockup system, but then I like steel guns better anyway.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:52 PM
timberbeast

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Always fun to peek into one possible future.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:00 AM
catbird

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
A New Ruger Mark Pistol...............

[QUOTE=Rumors have indeed been circling around ... concerning a new type 22 rimfire pistol in the works at Ruger.[/QUOTE]

While I am proficient in full disassembly/reassembly, I like the concept. I really like the ability to switch uppers without FFL involvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by catbird; 09-15-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:25 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
My curiosity has certainly been piqued concerning this design. Being it's a .22 rimfire caliber, the pivot point looks to be strong enough and I'd like to examine how the rear lock-up works.

Geeez! There's no need for a rubber mallet or a "speed strip kit" with this version. It would be cool if uppers will be machined to close tolerances so that changeability of barrel lengths are an option, sorta like the TC Contender pistols. But then, the above suggestion involved with marking the grip frame as the serialised part would eliminate the hassle of recording all those uppers as firearms.

The trigger does look sorta interesting. Wonder how that works? There appears to be a safety somewhat like previous Mark pistols on the grip frame that block the sear, so the trigger doesn't appear to work like a Glock pistol. Will be fun to get inside one of these if they ever hit the bricks.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:35 AM
JStacy

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
It sure would spawn a flurry of aftermarket parts development. Of course the current crop of sear and LCI fillers would still have applications , unless they change the design some whet for these parts. Interchangeable uppers with out serial numbers would probably spawn a rash is liberal reports of killer guns with easily interchangeable barrels !
Old 09-15-2016, 10:21 AM
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
Slab side barrel would keep it in line with a 1911.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:49 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStacy View Post
It sure would spawn a flurry of aftermarket parts development. Of course the current crop of sear and LCI fillers would still have applications , unless they change the design some whet for these parts. Interchangeable uppers with out serial numbers would probably spawn a rash is liberal reports of killer guns with easily interchangeable barrels !
Oh, I'm sure. Just [email protected]@K at all the High Standard and Buckmark .22 caliber semi-auto "hit" pistols still in service.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:34 PM
dingode
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I wonder if #80 and 81 would work something like #80 has female threads and #81 threads into it through the top on the receiver in a counterbored hole, thus locking the two halves together. Did that make any sense? Seems like it would be a weak link though.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:50 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Better YET............

Here's a video or 3) of the ~NEW~ Ruger Mark IV:

http://www.guns.com/2016/09/22/newes...ark-iv-videos/

Also interesting will be the availability of an "ALUMINUM" grip frame version. Wonder if that (hopefully) will replace the plastic grip frame?

Last edited by SGW Gunsmith; 09-23-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:18 AM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's on Ruger's website now. They show the Mark IV Target with a black anodized frame, and a stainless model. One Mark IV Hunter model in stainless only. The Mark III is still there, but I doubt it will be long.

One thing I noticed is that it still has a mag safety, but they also say the mags drop free when released. I could live with that, and no apparent LCI either. Only kick I see is it's a little pricey. The Victory will still be a good bang for the buck, although the Mark IV will probably (?) be a better gun.

Myself, I'm sticking to revolvers.
Old 09-24-2016, 08:43 PM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
watch the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatter View Post
It's on Ruger's website now. They show the Mark IV Target with a black anodized frame, and a stainless model. One Mark IV Hunter model in stainless only. The Mark III is still there, but I doubt it will be long.

One thing I noticed is that it still has a mag safety, but they also say the mags drop free when released. I could live with that, and no apparent LCI either. Only kick I see is it's a little pricey. The Victory will still be a good bang for the buck, although the Mark IV will probably (?) be a better gun.

Myself, I'm sticking to revolvers.
the mag shoots out of the butt with force, KOOL!!
Old 09-24-2016, 09:56 PM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I watched some you tube videos. The you tubes all stress how fast it takes down and none exactly say how it locks.

I think a photo or two with the upper and lower separated might be helpful. The hinged pin is more substantial than the small exterior screws suggest. And how exactly does it lock in the back ?
Edit: The Gun Blast review has some good photos. I guess, it is my problem, I need to see one to really get how they keep it tight.

Sure looks like a world of improvements.

I see a lot of used ar15's on the shelf and the majority have upper/lower connections that have become very loose. The Ruger connections looks similar. If or when I see a Mk IV I will try and understand how these are fitted and what will prevent them from getting loose. I read where SGW is already thinking about this issue.

Last edited by fourbore; 09-24-2016 at 10:16 PM.