rico....

Old 02-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICOCHET View Post
yea, kinda an xperiment a while ago to create a second hold down or another "lock in" place for the receiver.
Duh! I could have had a V-8 That would solve the whole barrel pivoting around the assembly screw / V-block thing while letting the barrel float completely free. But then introduces the barrel droop issue if you don't have a perfectly matched action & barrel.

Pretty neat idea, though. And the bolt head reminded me of those old bolt-action military rifles.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:55 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
seems like the "FAT baby" is not broke in yet.

did another coupla boxes of cheap ammo, then did some sk std + 20 rnds.

looks like the more i shoot it, the better it gets. thought about sending this
card to sawdust, but that ONE group aint that great, and this is the new receiver, one shot deal, so will go for tighter groups, LOL. MIRAGE is still a prob in da oasis. kinda learning to shoot btwn the "waves".

then i'll send a target to whomever is running the 1/4" ulti games.

rico....

Last edited by RICOCHET; 02-03-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2007, 05:48 PM
OpsMgr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rico - You gotta love that bbl so far. Think it will get better the more you shoot it and once your weather gets better, it should really show it's stuff. I'd say your posted groups are GREAT considering the conditions!

As far as the Ulti Club, you can't use a SuperStock qualifying target over in the Ulti game - Have to shoot a new target to qualify for their game.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:47 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
OPS,

thanks, and that is what i meant, i think?? LOL, yea, two diff targets, one for them, one for sawdust, ha ha ha. need to order more match ammo. seems like this bbl wants some match type ammo.

was cruzn champions choice and noticed that the cost of wolf and sk + has gone up $ 7.00 a brick. big jump in just a few weeks.

rico....

Old 02-03-2007, 09:03 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
gonna try this combo out and see what happens; a DSP full length and the
"fat baby". looks pretty good,

the target card stock sticking out from the stock is where i need to sand a bit forward to float the bbl.

i think with the light color of the stock and the blued components, should contrast nicely. hope it shoots well, LOL,

rico....

Old 02-03-2007, 09:18 PM
earthdragon090

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
hey I like that... looks sharp where did you get the bright yeller trigger from
earth
Old 02-03-2007, 10:22 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
earth,

the trigger was painted with a metallic krylon spray paint from a diff project.

IMO, think the bbl is a tad short "looking", but that's okay. as long as it shoots good. LOL,

rico....

Old 02-04-2007, 01:02 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
well, same gun, diff stock, but didn't float this one all the way. will try it out and see how it shoots.

ready to put some "small" holes in some paper. maybe tomorrow,

"S"uper"S"unday, LOL

kinda looks good, proportionately,

rico....

Last edited by RICOCHET; 02-04-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I like it.

Pretty much watch my little beauty is going to look like except mine will be walnut and unless I change it (I'm thinking bout it) my trigger will be gold.

I like the short barreled look Rico. It looks like it is very purposefull. I cant wait to put mine together. Rico....we are going to have to be careful here. We both have a DSP/Heavy Sporter and a Cabine Bandit. People are gonna think we're brothers or something.

The first jerk that brings up the Bobsy twins is gonna get slapped so hard his whole family is gonna hurt!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 02-04-2007, 01:36 AM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
yo, vincent,

brothers in arms! aren't we all so to speak?? LOL, anyway,

gonna shoot the fat bbl "blondie" tomorrow. will do some serious targets maybe sumpin worthwhile sending to sawdust.

dont think this is good enuff;

will keep trying, but kinda low on the good ammo. have to make it count, LOL

next month will order some lapua super club.

the way prices keep going up, dont see how i can keep shooting small holes
cheaply, LOL,

rico....

Old 02-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ammo

I know it is not quite as good as the real stuff but when it warms up some I have a brand new brick of Rem SubSonics and 100 rouns of Rem target and a box of Fed AutoMatch to try out. Bass Pro Shops 2 miles from here is selling Rem Sub now for $20 a brick! I have not been able to find the stuff for years.

I have 250 or so of Aquila Pistol Match and Golden Eagle Rifle Match. Heck I even have 500 Dynapoints not to mention piles of 510 and AE22. So I guess I'll try the Ricochet/Rigrat deal of trying to do it on cheap or, in my case, free ammo. I also am going to check back with CMP as they are selling PMC target ammo (I Think PMC is out of the rimfire business now but you can get this stuff by the case.) I never bought a case of any ammo before but I kind of wish I had stocked up on 510 when I could get it $6.80 a brick last year or the SK Standard when it was $25.

It's snowing here right now and it is 22* with a feels like of about 12* so all this is not going to happen soon!!

Old 02-05-2007, 06:34 PM
RICOCHET

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
hay, vincent,

you're in TENN which is down south, IIRC. shouldn't be snowing, LOL.

anyway, am trying all diff types of ammo that i have on hand in this "fat sporter", and seems to prefer the better quality ammo. all i have is SK std +
and does well with that, but then, so does my 20" GM tapered sporter. i dont think this bbl will qualify "on the cheap", LOL,

rico....

Last edited by RICOCHET; 02-05-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Snowed twice th week and they we the first this winter. Unlike where you are everyone looks forward to snow here. We got 3" from the first fall and it lasted two days. we got" from the second fall and most was gone by that night.

Snow makes every thing new and clean and beautiful. We rarely get more than that. Ice is another story. This place gets nasty ice storms that pretty much close everything down. we had one 3 days before last Xmas and it was a mess. I live on an intersection and at the top of a hill. No one could get in or out for the first day and it was an adventure for 2 more days.

It was 14* this morng with a "feels like" of 4* High got up to 28* I think. Too cold for these broken down old bones Rico. I know I complain when it is 98* and 90% in the summer but at least you can do something. Looks like pretty much the exact same thing for 10 more days more or less. At least the racing seasons are all getting going in the next 2 to 4 weeks. That will help.

I guess I'm going to to take my barrel back off and hand lap it. GM can't afford to do that for the price they get. Then I will brave the cold and go do the 100 round breakin. Just blast them down range and clean the barrel. Repeat till 100 Dynapoints or 510's have gone down range.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:57 PM
earthdragon090

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
what is hand lapping and why is it such a good thing ?
earth