Kingshousecustom@gmailcom Blues - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:47 PM
DaddioDan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Congrats Vic. You are a man of persistence and perseverance. Hope you're happy with the work.

I'm happy with my grip mod but I'll not do this again. Any more mods, I'll do myself. Or not do them at all.

Hope this opens the floodgates for the rest of the patient ones still waiting for theirs.

Dan
Old 03-21-2017, 05:57 PM
DeltaGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Supposedly he had a bunch to get done ahead of me because their owners, as he said "wanted me hung". Vic must have been one of those. But he tells me now that he has 9 free hours tomorrow and it will go out then. After he said it would go out Saturday and numerous other times before. I am hoping that my ten month wait may come to an end.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:47 PM
JLPettimore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just sent this guy another email. He will probably ignore it like all the others I've sent. He's had my money and my frame and VZ grips for over six months now.

If anyone has contacted the authorities in OH about this guy, please PM me the contact info so I can talk to them too.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:10 PM
DeltaGunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't have any other contact for him besides email. I'll tell you I just received my frame back today. He had it since June 2016. I feel your pain. While the work is excellent, it doesn't excuse his lying and broken promises.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:18 PM
kingshouse41225

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
It is not my intenrion to shirk any responsibility, or live on falsehoods. It is true that I was quite ill for quite some time, it was just one thing after another. That chain is fortunately broken and I am doing everything I can to get everyone's pistols done and back as quickly as possible. Once the ones I have now are done I am not doing any more, that is why the website is down. I am not in hiding, I am simply busy. If you try to contact me and do not reach me, just send an email and it will be answered.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:10 AM
Big Rich

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well I think six months is nothing,I had a 1911 pistol worked by a well know gun smith in my area, It took five years .It was well worth it. Now he's not taking any more work at this time now, others are missing out now,
Old 03-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rich View Post
Well I think six months is nothing,I had a 1911 pistol worked by a well know gun smith in my area, It took five years .It was well worth it. Now he's not taking any more work at this time now, others are missing out now,
I have to agree. My favorite 22 rifle was with a smith for over 2 years. Glad to have it back, but more importantly, to have it done right.

It's hard for me to understand why people would even buy a gun that didn't have the features they wanted (like replaceable grips) right from the factory. If I bought something like that because it was all that was offered at the time, and a newer model had a feature I wanted, I'd sell the first one and buy the newer model.

People should be happy that Doug has stuck with his high quality standards instead of producing crap to get caught up with demand (like the 22 ammo companies). I really can't blame him for discontinuing his service.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:35 PM
vic479h
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I guess I am not as smart as you Test Engineer. I bought the gun right. After I put a set of Hogue grips on my other MK pistol I thought it would be nice to have them on my MKIII. Before I was perfectly happy with the non removable grip. I didn't know it would take 14 months. I WAS promised it in 3 weeks.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:55 PM
pistomeister

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It is not the amount of time he has had my frame that bothers me. I am also aware some gunsmiths are taking over 2 years to complete a customer's request. Colt's custom shop is currently not taking any orders and whatever they have on hand are routinely taking over 2 years to complete. The problem is, Doug made a promise to delivery the frame within certain amount of time. He also made us pay upfront for the work. And he kept telling us the frame is in the mail, while obviously they were not. If this kind of business practice does not bother you and is acceptable to you then I got nothing to say. I personally have problem with people that LIE. BTW, my frame is still MIA, Doug told me he mailed it last week so I have my fingers crossed.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:05 PM
david_root2000

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I must say the gunsmith kept his integrity and did top notch work.

David

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2017, 03:25 AM
vic479h

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistomeister View Post
It is not the amount of time he has had my frame that bothers me. I am also aware some gunsmiths are taking over 2 years to complete a customer's request. Colt's custom shop is currently not taking any orders and whatever they have on hand are routinely taking over 2 years to complete. The problem is, Doug made a promise to delivery the frame within certain amount of time. He also made us pay upfront for the work. And he kept telling us the frame is in the mail, while obviously they were not. If this kind of business practice does not bother you and is acceptable to you then I got nothing to say. I personally have problem with people that LIE. BTW, my frame is still MIA, Doug told me he mailed it last week so I have my fingers crossed.
Did you get it "last week?"
Old 04-16-2017, 06:06 PM
pistomeister

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My frame is still no show. Every time he says he mailed it, Doug seems to come up with a new excuse. He already used wrong and expired USPS shipping label so I am wondering what he will say next. I am just hoping he will get to my frame before he throws everything up in the air.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:49 PM
vic479h

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlysAlot View Post
Kudos to Vic479h for keeping this thread alive and being beyond first class documenting his issues. He never pointed a finger he just pointed out the lies. He's the one who kept this open during my tenure.

:b thumb:
Thanks for the kind words Tim! I hope that the others who have been waiting for a long time like me receive their property sooner than later.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:55 AM
CD2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Craftsmen will get swamped with work.
Maybe overwhelmed in short order.

That said..........stuff does happen, and as long as communication is timely and truthful, I can be rather patient/flexible.

Lots of people want top notch work, done cheap, and fast. While some stuff may fall into that category, most will not.

Is what it is.

As for buying guns with all the features I want right from the get go.............uh, some stuff I like has never been offered in factory form.

Like the Great Eight I just got. Hate the frame, like the D&T 8" upper. So I gotta fit a diff frame to it.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:44 AM
vic479h

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Dennis.