Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

lets see your 17 mach 2's

147K views 305 replies 172 participants last post by  Michael62 
#1 ·
post some pics of your 17 hm2's

#31 · (Edited)
Never weighed it. It does weigh a bit less than my standard 14.5" LMT .223/5.56 M4,tho. I'm in Iraq at the moment, but I'll be back in a few weeks. I'll try to weigh it for ya. :)

I will be converting this particular .17hm2 rifle over to something that looks more like an SPR, so I will be going with a 20" barrel. I will have this 14.5" barrel up for sale soon.

#33 ·
this is my cheap shooter project. this was when I had it mocked up to see if everything worked. I had a loose bolt and trigger, a friend gave me a rusty reciver, and I bought the stock from a member here. Green Mountain had barrels on sale for $59. after finishing its had several scopes mounted but Im now happy with a BSA sweet 17 that I found in a return bin . all in all Im in this one under $125, and it shoots with anything else I have. the onlything that keeps it from being my favorite is the lack of lead free ammo in 17m2.

here it is reassembled with its older brother

#35 · (Edited)
t the onlything that keeps it from being my favorite is the lack of lead free ammo in 17m2.

These are the new lead free for the 17 mach 2, now it can be your favorite.:bthumb:

17 Mach2® 15.5 gr NTX™

Hornady® NTX™ bullets and Varmint Express® ammunition provide peerless performance from a bullet with an alternative core material that delivers accuracy, performance and Hornady® quality for use in areas with restrictions on the use of lead.

Hornady has made lead core bullets since 1949. Lead is, and always will be an excellent core material that provides density and hard hitting energy to a vast array of bullets. However, there are regulations in some areas that restrict the use of lead in bullets. The NTX™ is a phenomenal choice when an alternative core bullet is required.
Features:

* Polymer tip and streamlined design for ultra flat trajectories
* Match grade jacket design provides maximum accuracy at all ranges
* California Compatible

Details
Item Number 83176
H.I.T.S. # 22
Ballistic Coefficient .115
Sectional Density .075
Price: $11.07

#52 ·

Cooper Jackson Squirrel Rifle .17m2 with 2x wood upgrade. Kahles has been replaced with a Zeiss 4.5-14x44SF.

Cooper LVT .17m2 with a 3x wood upgrade. I don't know what scope that was on it (previous owner). I have a Zeiss 6.5-20x50SF on it.

Both are shooters. I enjoy this round a lot.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.