Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Warranty dilemma??

816 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mpolk 
#1 ·
New 97B, cleaned, oiled slide and went to range this morning. Cleared weapon for range officer. When I let slide go forward, from the bottom of gun shot out the main spring and main spring plug. I told officer " I guess I won't be shooting this one today". When I took a break and checked out the gun and manual, discovered that the main spring plug pin was never installed at the factory. Here's the dilemma. The part costs 2 dollars and looks like it would be very easy to replace. Should I call CZ for warranty service or just spend a few bucks and just replace it myself????? It's brand new and never shot.

#3 ·
on my wifes american, the sear surface was cut unsquare, while it created a nice light pull, i wanted to call and ask about getting a second trigger in case the sear surface chipped. the first lady i talked to wanted me to send the rifle back. so i told her i would think about it. i decided just to order one rather than send the rifle in, so i called up and the next person i talked to, i told him what was going on and that i was told to send the rifle back, but i did not want to do that so i just wanted to order another trigger. he said, no need for me to pay for that. he would just send me out another at no charge. so it is possible, just depends on who you talk to. ;)

#4 ·
Thanks for the advice, I definitely will call them tomorrow. Decided to let them correct the problem. This is the first time I have ever had a problem with any of my 6 CZ pistols or 15 CZ rifles. I'm sure they will fix it. Please feel free to delete or move this thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.