Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-25-2019, 02:16 PM
eggplant
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Concealed Carry in NC requires no check on firearm purchases, instant. It's $90 for five years so for me at least that's a lot less than $10 a firearm.
That makes way too much sense...
Old 05-25-2019, 06:57 PM
old 39

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I live in Canada. The bad news is that handguns are heavily restricted. You can own one with not too much trouble but you can't take it out of your house except to an approved range and only if it is trigger locked and locked in a case. There may be similar restrictions on some AR type rifles but I wouldn't know not owning any.

The good news here is that all gun laws are federal and also somewhat lax. This means that if you have a Possession and Acquisition License you can buy rifles, shotguns and even handguns coast to coast regardless of the province you live in.

You Americans seem to have a nightmare in that you have a patchwork of state laws as well as federal ones.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:25 PM
SLS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old 39 View Post
I live in Canada. The bad news is that handguns are heavily restricted. You can own one with not too much trouble but you can't take it out of your house except to an approved range and only if it is trigger locked and locked in a case. There may be similar restrictions on some AR type rifles but I wouldn't know not owning any.

The good news here is that all gun laws are federal and also somewhat lax. This means that if you have a Possession and Acquisition License you can buy rifles, shotguns and even handguns coast to coast regardless of the province you live in.

You Americans seem to have a nightmare in that you have a patchwork of state laws as well as federal ones.
Sounds like New Jersey. I’m in Pennsylvania. I never leave the house without a 45 on me. Concealed carry or in a car loaded needs a permit, but open carry needs no permit. Yes, the laws vary from state to state, so you have to be careful when you cross state lines and know the laws. I’d be in big trouble carrying my gun with hollow points just a 15 minute drive from my house.

Last edited by SLS; 05-25-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:57 PM
acheyj

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here in South Australia we were waiting up to 8 weeks. Thought it was a deliberate ploy, turns out it was just sheer overload by a single staff member records were computerised early this year I can select my firearm from the dealer and usually have the permit next day and walk out of local police station. Of course we recently changed the state government.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:40 PM
Mossbergman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Hollow log along the Susquehanna River, Dauphin County Pa.
TPC Rating: 
88% (7)
All I'm going to say it .like it or not .Don't complain if your're not a mamber of the NRA GOA SAF etc. any or all the groups denticated to preserving and protecting your rights. Freedom isn't Free .. Get involed , ot your Grandkids will never enjoy the same things you did. ~~JMJ~~~
Old 05-26-2019, 04:42 AM
StevieNH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHB51 View Post
4473 that is it.
Much the same in NH. A few minutes while the dealer phones the feds for long guns; a bit longer for handguns because the state handles those and they are just slower at it. I've been in and out with a new rifle in 20 minutes.