Offhand Handgun Matches Scores and Discussion - Page 26 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #376  
Old 11-19-2021, 08:32 PM
Rocinante's Avatar
Rocinante
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2007
Location: 
MN
Posts: 
799
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)


Log in to see fewer ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynned View Post
Got out to Dad's yesterday, pretty happy, shot pretty well, except 15 yd target #2 had two zeros, which completely missed the paper, no idea what kinda spaz caused that. Still shot a 170, which is only 5 off my best. So gonna enter a new best at ten yards:

***10-Yd IRON ENTRY***
DATE: 11/16/2021
SCORE: 217 - 1X
NAME: Ynned AGE: 69
LOCATION: Dad's back yard on the North Coast
GUN: Buckmark
GUN SETUP: ___Scope _X__Iron sights
AMMO: Federal Range Pack bulk
INDIV TGTS SCORES: 40, 46, 42 1X, 48, 41
NOTES, WEATHER, pretty day, 50 +/- degrees, wet and sloppy
I don't know where the North Coast is, but I envy you being able to get out.

I may not be able to get out again this year.

I see by the forecast that I may have a chance next Wednesday (sunny and 45 degrees).......everything else is windy and cold......or snow.

I shake enough.......don't need to add wind chill.

Anyhow, well done getting a new best. I have progressed faster than I thought I would in the short time I've been here.

Just hoping you don't pass me too soon.

__________________
“Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.”
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 11-20-2021, 07:46 AM
Ynned is online now

Join Date: 
Jan 2020
Posts: 
191
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
I don't know where the North Coast is, but I envy you being able to get out.

I may not be able to get out again this year.

I see by the forecast that I may have a chance next Wednesday (sunny and 45 degrees).......everything else is windy and cold......or snow.

I shake enough.......don't need to add wind chill.

Anyhow, well done getting a new best. I have progressed faster than I thought I would in the short time I've been here.

Just hoping you don't pass me too soon.

Thanks. America's North Coast. I'm north east of Cleveland, in Ohio. I see there is a "North Coast" pretender in California, but that's really the west coast.

The chances of me passing you seem pretty slim, I think, but that won't stop me from trying. I may try again this weekend if the wind dies down a little, as long as it doesn't get much below freezing and there's only a few inches of snow.
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 11-20-2021, 11:56 AM
Rocinante's Avatar
Rocinante
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2007
Location: 
MN
Posts: 
799
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynned View Post

The chances of me passing you seem pretty slim, I think.....
Well, I just checked your age........It will be six years before you get into the "Over 75 Division."

By then I'll be in the "Over 80 Division."

I guess you can't catch me.



Anyhow, I hope we both get some good weather.
__________________
“Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.”
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 11-23-2021, 05:53 PM
jazzsax8
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2009
Location: 
Greeley, CO
Posts: 
374
TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
15 Yard Open Sights

15 Yard Open Sights entry
DATE: 11/23/2021
SCORE: 197 1X
NAME: jazzsax8(Marshall) 73
LOCATION: Greeley, CO
GUN: Nelson .22 conversion 1911
GUN SETUP: red front/Ellison rear
Ammo: CCI SV
INDIV TGTS SCORES: 197 1X
Shot 2-10's at 80 & 76 then a 5 shot for 41

This is a new pistol I just started shooting and just love it. Nice 2 3/4# trigger helps and it just feels good. I have been trying my regular glasses and a pair set up for focus around 27" for reading music. Nothing definitive yet but might be shooting the short focus glasses a little better. Probably obvious that the open sights are in perfect focus with the bullseye out of focus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF7326.JPG (352.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by jazzsax8; 11-23-2021 at 05:54 PM. Reason: more info
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 11-29-2021, 11:05 PM
tominboise
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2005
Location: 
Boise, Idaho
Posts: 
243
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
25Yard Open Sights entry
DATE: 11/29/2021
SCORE: 162-0X
NAME: tominboise (Tom) (61)
LOCATION: Boise, ID
GUN: Browning Buckmark
GUN SETUP: Factory sites
Ammo: Old Remington Kleanbore HV
INDIV TGTS SCORES: 41-0X, 29-0X, 25-0X, 30-0X, 37-0X

Shot a card today - shot at 25 yards as I didn't feel like moving the target stand after shooting the rifles. I was pumped after the first bull, with all in the black. But then reality took over and I pulled 4 shots. Fun anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211129_174430.jpg (499.3 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote
  #381  
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2020
Location: 
Virginia Beach
Posts: 
601
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsax8 View Post
15 Yard Open Sights entry
DATE: 11/23/2021
SCORE: 197 1X
NAME: jazzsax8(Marshall) 73
LOCATION: Greeley, CO
GUN: Nelson .22 conversion 1911
GUN SETUP: red front/Ellison rear
Ammo: CCI SV
INDIV TGTS SCORES: 197 1X
Shot 2-10's at 80 & 76 then a 5 shot for 41

This is a new pistol I just started shooting and just love it. Nice 2 3/4# trigger helps and it just feels good. I have been trying my regular glasses and a pair set up for focus around 27" for reading music. Nothing definitive yet but might be shooting the short focus glasses a little better. Probably obvious that the open sights are in perfect focus with the bullseye out of focus.
You change pistols like some change underwear.... well maybe not that often but you've shot quite a few in the matches!

Looks like a nice piece, and you've already shot your high score at 15 yards with it as it's your only 15 yard entry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tominboise View Post
25Yard Open Sights entry
DATE: 11/29/2021
SCORE: 162-0X
NAME: tominboise (Tom) (61)
LOCATION: Boise, ID
GUN: Browning Buckmark
GUN SETUP: Factory sites
Ammo: Old Remington Kleanbore HV
INDIV TGTS SCORES: 41-0X, 29-0X, 25-0X, 30-0X, 37-0X

Shot a card today - shot at 25 yards as I didn't feel like moving the target stand after shooting the rifles. I was pumped after the first bull, with all in the black. But then reality took over and I pulled 4 shots. Fun anyway.
Things get tough quicker at 25 yards for sure. But being you are the only entry this month at 25 yards, you can say you dominated the 25 yard score for the month!


As a side note, only 5 people have entered a score with irons at 25 yards. Now I'm not saying the others are scared, and I'm certainly not saying they are lesser men BUT.....

All joking aside, only 6 people have shot 25 yards with optics and entered a score. So it must be tough for everyone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x