Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:49 AM
King Ghidora
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
you snooze you lose

Well I finally got the cash together to get the 40X I've been trying to get since the start of the year. It was a sweet setup with Jewell trigger, a Shillen barrel, a tuner and a BR stock all put together by someone with real know how. But it seems my friend is now using that gun as his primary gun so I'm plumb out of luck.

But that's ok right. There's plenty of great guns out there. I've been wanting a top notch .308 for a long time too. I decide I'm going to invest in a Savage F/TR in .308 because they've been tearing up the F class world with those guns. They won the national championship recently with a gun straight off the factory floor. They set a 1000 yard record in the process. I've got the cash but guess what. Nobody has one in stock.

The harder I try the further behind I get. Oh well. Does anyone know where a F/TR is in stock? I know this is a rimfire board but I thought maybe someone might help out a guy who's got two strikes against him today. I just want to hit one out of the park. Is that too much to ask?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:29 AM
maxhunter
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
KG,
I can't find any either (F/TR). But if I do I will drop you a link. I have been wanting one also and we are probably watching the same haunts.
I will give you first crack at it if I find one. I have been doing too much shopping for my 10/22's, so more time to reload the piggy bank would be good for me
Old 04-18-2010, 04:10 AM
King Ghidora

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I actually did manage to find a couple of places that have them on the net but I don't know anything about either place. If you want the names of the places send me a PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
timberbeast

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
KG - hang in there. If you've got the cash, the gun will find you!
Old 04-21-2010, 12:22 AM
El Paso Mark
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Greetings. Here's a few (Listed lowest to highest price):

http://www.gunsamerica.com/980149278...2_F_TR_308.htm

http://eastcoastgunsales.com/product.php?ID=102051

http://www.gunsamerica.com/977000532...RGET_RIFLE.htm

http://personalsecurityzone.com/cgi-...roductID=32577

Cheers,

Mark
Old 04-21-2010, 03:01 PM
King Ghidora

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I found the ones you mentioned Mark. The East Coast Gun Sales model was actually a 2007 model and I wasn't sure if that had the target Accu-Trigger or not. I found out it does but I've already bought a gun. I ended up with a 12 LRPV with the left side port. I really like the left side port because I can load much faster with it. Now if I can just build up my strength just to carry the thing around to where I want to shoot I'll be OK. It is very heavy. I got the single shot because I wanted the best shooter and the single shot models have a third action screw plus there is no hole cut for the mag obviously. Every little bit helps I guess especially when you can load as fast as you can with the left hand port.

Oh I tried the Personal Security Zone phone number but no one answered. Oh well. I saved some money and got a gun that is essentially the same as the F/TR minus the adjustable cheek piece and 4 inches of barrel. The comb is just right already on the LRPV. I did get a .223 instead of a .308 but that's fine. And a 26" barrel is plenty for a .223. I've thought about getting that caliber anyway because I have a messed up disc in my neck and shooting a larger caliber is pretty hard on it. I have a .30-06 already which is also a Savage but not a Model 12. It doesn't even have an Accu-Trigger.

I figure the gun I bought is way better than I am anyway. If I get to where I can shoot it really well I might try to upgrade the barrel but that's only because it will lose accuracy eventually. IMO it's one of the best guns ever made. One look at the results of the F T/R National Championship will tell you that. I know they were probably shooting a .308 but they set the 1000 yard record for that event and won both the 600 and 1000 team championships. That's pretty dang impressive for a stock rifle. Chuck Hawks said "But we can summarize by saying that the Savage 12 Series rifles are, across the board, the most accurate rifles ever tested by Guns and Shooting Online." And the LRPV with the left port is among the best of those rifles. I would guess the 26" .223 is just as accurate as the 30" F/TR .223. It better be or it's going back to where I bought it. I got an accuracy guarantee with it.