Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:11 PM
100acres

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Savage Scope Bases

I have a Savage .223 Weather Warrior 16FCSS ordered. I am going to mount a Bushnell Banner 4x16x40 dusk to dawn scope on this gun. I plan on getting a better scope in the future but this one needs a home.

What type of scope bases will work with this gun? I see many diferent kinds of scope bases with different heights and shapes for different guns. I'm not sure where to start as I would like to get the bases before the gun arrives. With the scope bases all I have to do is add rings and mount the scope. Thanks

100acres
Old 04-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Gizzy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (150)
Why not just upgrade to Warne steel weaver style bases, and add Burris Signature Zee Rings??? Either that, or get a set of Leupold Standard bases and rings.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:09 PM
pipestone
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Maybe the all steel Burris bases... with the Z-rings

http://swfa.com/Burris-Xtreme-Tactic...ase-P6129.aspx

http://swfa.com/Burris-Zee-Rings-C654.aspx

pipestone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 AM
nnedsand08

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The standard Weaver bases that you can get anywhere even Wmart carries them work just fine.

Do you have any need/want for anything better?

I have been happy with my EGW one piece picatinny base.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:01 PM
100acres

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I guess I should have asked this question in the Scope, rings and bases section. I was already in the centerfire section so I figured someone could be more specific to this gun.

I want scope bases that will be strong, fit well and never give me a reason to wish I had bought something better. I have a feeling the Weaver scope bases from Walmart would work just fine. I don't see any of the Weaver bases for a Weather Warrior series Savage. I do see Weaver bases for a Savage model 110 but don't know if these will work? Now if others think I would be better served purchasing something more expensive just say so.The Burris, Warne and Leupold bases and rings are also a good possibility. I will check my local gun shop on these.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Model60Shooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought the weaver bases from walmart for my Stevens 200 and they work very well. Does your rifle have a round or flat rear receiver?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:42 AM
nnedsand08

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100acres View Post
I guess I should have asked this question in the Scope, rings and bases section. I was already in the centerfire section so I figured someone could be more specific to this gun.

I want scope bases that will be strong, fit well and never give me a reason to wish I had bought something better. I have a feeling the Weaver scope bases from Walmart would work just fine. I don't see any of the Weaver bases for a Weather Warrior series Savage. I do see Weaver bases for a Savage model 110 but don't know if these will work? Now if others think I would be better served purchasing something more expensive just say so.The Burris, Warne and Leupold bases and rings are also a good possibility. I will check my local gun shop on these.
.223 is a short action so the rings you are going to be looking for will be for the model 10 (NOT 110 - longaction) Savage switched the back of the receiver a while ago from flat to round. If your gun is new and has the accutrigger it is a round action.

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Brow...705***11689***

I bought the EGW one piece mount because it has a built in scope cant (20moa) This allows my scope with limited adjustment to be adjusted out past 1000 yards. I have also used the standard two piece Weaver bases and haven't had any issues what so ever. I use blue locktite on the screws to make sure they don't come loose. If you ask me bases are bases unless you need or want something different. Rings are much more important.

Edit: I just realized that I wasn't very clear. If you are going to use a one piece base you need to know that you have a model 10 (short action). If you are using two piece bases like the standard weaver ones it doesn't matter 110 or 10 as they work just fine on either model.

Last edited by nnedsand08; 04-12-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:47 PM
100acres

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks everyone for the information and help. My new gun has still not come in but maybe this week... I hope.