Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-21-2020, 01:23 PM
Alex_P

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Really nice rifle

I picked up a relatively early Beretta (02xxxx) made XXII recently and am really impressed by it. Put a 1970s Japanese 4x32 Scope on low mounts and it shoots beautifully.

10 shots under a nickel at 25yrds off the bench in semi-auto or single shot.

Only came with one 10 shot mag, so went to see a friend of mine to see if he had a Beretta magazine of a similar design I could modify - after rummaging around in a couple of boxes of magazines I found a 5 shot which fits and feeds perfectly - $25 - he had another 10 shot too but I couldn’t convince him to sell both.

It’s my new favourite - the plain stock has been really well refinished at some point and the whole thing oozes quality.

I bought a 10/22 and am picking up a Marlin on Sunday - this rifle has started a run of US guns for me!

Last edited by Alex_P; 08-21-2020 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 04:10 PM
cabin22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm glad yours shoots well, my old Italian version, also a plain wood stock, didn't live up to my expectations. Very nice gun otherwise. You got lucky on finding that extra mag too. not many of those floating around, and those I've seen were very pricey.

I found an owner's manual online - a very much reproduced and barely legible copy - that helped on how to break it down, proper use of the single shot/auto selector switch, and target distances for the three folding rear sight blades.

Have fun with the 10/22 and the Marlin (model 60 or something else?). A comparison shoot-off is next, right?
Old 08-22-2020, 02:16 AM
Alex_P

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Iíll have a look for the owners manual - I popped it apart when I first got it to see if it was desperate for a clean, but it looked good so I thought Iíd shoot it before losing any of the internals!

The guy I bought it from has another one which probably bulged itís barrel at one point, as itís been cut down and recrowned really nicely - I might buy that, thread it for a moderator and have a surgical bunny basher...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2020, 07:23 AM
cabin22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"Owner's Manual" overstates the contents, it looks like a single sheet of paper printed on both sides and folded in half. But it has the basics. And a refreshing lack of Warnings.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
People searching for a 20+ page manual for guns produced back in the 60's, or earlier, are going to be disappointed. I wanted a "manual" for an early, 1930's-40's Winchester and it was like a 3 X 7 fold in half brochure..half of which was in Spanish ( even back then ).
Old 09-22-2020, 07:27 PM
jackkade

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If it's oozing, ... then you should use a good sealer to stop that. LOL