Is the 77/22 worth twice the price of an American Rimfire? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-17-2020, 06:08 PM
Fenring

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedToTexax View Post
I am looking at $800 for a stainless 77/22 and $400 for a stainless Ruger American Rimfire. Is the classic 77/22 worth twice the price?
Yes.

The 77/22 is built like a centrefire and will last lifetimes over.

The American is built to a price.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:14 AM
jkingrph
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have never seen a RAR, but just looked it up online a few minutes ago. As for as asthetics I will stick with my early 80's 77/22, it looks much trimer and more classic. I did some trigger work and installed a Shaw barrel and it's a shooter.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:10 AM
Dranrab
US Coast Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have several American rimfires and several 77 rimfires. It seems like from reading quite a bit on both that Americans are thought to be more accurate. That's not the case with mine. You don't have to read much on these forums to see that functionality problems aren't uncommon with Americans. They are rare with 77s.

Much of the love for 77s is in the "feel" and indeed there is greater satisfaction in handling my 77s than my Americans. The 77 is a more robust gun no doubt. With that said there is no reason an American won't last our and our kid's and our grandkid's lifetime.

Is it worth twice as much. Only you can decide that.