Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:16 AM
Bolt2Bounce
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cz-511

What are opinions on the 511 semi-auto, I have one I got years ago and I have not shot it much I think only once.. but I was just functioning testing it.. so who like or dislikes them?? & why B2B
Old 11-15-2011, 03:28 AM
Fasteel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
choices

No one here is going to dislike a 511, I had one and the BRNO predessor as well. Mine was a great shooter for a semi auto, but like you I hardly ever shot it. When ever I got in the gopher patch with a semi auto it is always my Buckmark HB. FS
Old 11-15-2011, 06:41 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Nice handling semi-auto with CZ accuracy, trigger on mine is a little heavy but easily handled, has made every Super Stock club I've tried it on. Walnut and steel.
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 06:57 AM
9 fingers

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
Like Gerald says, "Walnut and steel". It feels like it is solid as a billet of steel. I have said it is like driving a Mercedes, if you know what I mean. I love mine and do take it with me to the range frequently for plinking golf balls and shot shells. It is not as tolerant of both subsonic and hi velocity ammo as a Ruger 10/22, and it lacks that nice bolt hold open feature of the Ruger and Marlin Semi auto's, but it is accurate and much better built than the others. J&P makes a spring kit that seems to solve any ammo issues you may have. Mine cycles both types very well.
9 fingers
Old 11-15-2011, 10:11 AM
pawn
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Well made and accurate semi-auto of the CZ/BRNO persuasion. Trigger could be better but still a great rifle IMHO. Mags are hard to come by and cost for them is dear. I won't be selling mine anytime soon!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:53 AM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Not much to dislike. Perfect function and great accuracy. Trigger isn't the greatest, but it can dot the job.

If I had a complaint, it would be with the cost of spare magazines.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:08 AM
dancz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You should start shooting yours more they can be fun.

I have two 581ís and two 511ís and all shoot well. They are all different to each other as well. When I was shooting professionally some of my work mates had them and they seemed to shoot better than the rugers and other makes. I always used my model two and always out shot people with the 581ís. While Iíve shot a lot of game with the 581ís, Iíve shot far more with the model two than I ever will with the semiís. Iíve certainly have taken far more deer with the model two than I ever will with any of the other 22ís I have.

The point about the mags is true but I have never used more than one so while many people seem to consider it important to have several mags I canít see any reason to buy another useless you lose the first.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:19 AM
9 fingers

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancz View Post
You should start shooting yours more they can be fun.

I have two 581ís and two 511ís and all shoot well. They are all different to each other as well. When I was shooting professionally some of my work mates had them and they seemed to shoot better than the rugers and other makes. I always used my model two and always out shot people with the 581ís. While Iíve shot a lot of game with the 581ís, Iíve shot far more with the model two than I ever will with the semiís. Iíve certainly have taken far more deer with the model two than I ever will with any of the other 22ís I have.

The point about the mags is true but I have never used more than one so while many people seem to consider it important to have several mags I canít see any reason to buy another useless you lose the first.
Two reasons to have more than one mag: 1) if you lose or damage your only one
2) There is a zombie attack.
9 fingers
Old 11-16-2011, 06:42 AM
pawn
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
agree with dancz that you only need one mag. i guess it is the "collector" in me that drives my purchases of additional mags for added flexibility