Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:02 AM
Bolt2Bounce
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trigger job set screw

I just finished doing the set screw trigger job, I chose to use a 8/32 set screw to also lock the hammer bushing together, it worked out very nice I'd guess the pull weight is down to about 2-3 pounds. I drilled a hole through the hammer to lighten it up as well. I did have to shorten the bottom of the disconnector so the safety would work. I still have to locktight everything up, but All in all very nice trick I learned it here. thanks guys..B2B
Old 03-07-2006, 04:53 AM
SwampF0X

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
Exactly where all did you put the set screws? I asume you put one in the hammer and of coarse the 2 to lock the hammer pin in place. Did you put one in the sear also? How about the trigger?

thanks,
swampf0x
Old 03-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Bolt2Bounce

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I only used one so far in the hammer to reduce the sear engagement, I drilled it through so it also locked the hammer bushing in place. I may put one in the trigger guard to use as a trigger over travel stop but I'm not sure if I need it yet. I stoned the hammer notch a little. It might need to be adjusted some more. I shoot it some and see how it goes. B2B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Jasper21

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok, I guess I am lost.

I understand the set screw in the hammer to limit the sear engagment, and I understand the set screw in the trigger as an overtravel stop. However I am lost in the hammer bushing situation. Where and why would you use them on the bushings? Is that as opposed to loctiting the bushings to the hammer and possibly shims?
Old 03-11-2006, 03:01 AM
Bolt2Bounce

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes the same set screw in the hammer is big enough to lock the hammer bushing in the hammer. That gets rid of any movement (looseness) the bushing have in the hammer thus making the hammer and bushing into one unit. I'm still looking at improvement, I'll have to install a over travel set screw in the trigger as a stop. B2B